"I don't dance."Ana took each of his wrist pulling him willingly towards her. "You are now."

Ana pulled him into the center of the crowd. The spotlight's hitting something. At first, it started with Ana holding his wrist and moving his arms back and forth into an unnatural rhythm. Then she twirled and spun around his stiff figure. 

You're gonna hear electric music. Remus found himself smiling, his shoulders dropping despite his reservations. Ooh but they're so spaced out. 

"Dance!", Ana yelled to him. Remus listened, falling into restrained movements that looked more like compliments to the fox's more than anything.

Ohh Benny, she's really keen. The song continued and became natural, with Ana singing along to the lyrics, her hips swaying and arms flailing above her. Remus got stuck in an orbit around her, like a moon to a planet or a shadow to an object. She's got electric boots, a mohair suit. 

Hey, kids, plug into the faithless. Her wings would brush the fringe of his costume shirt. The little halo on her head had collected a few streamers as decoration. Maybe they're blinded, but Benny makes them ageless. 

As the chorus hit again, playful shoves from the crowd led to them pressed into each other and his arms around his neck, Remus's hands fiddling with the bow on the back of her dress. The two jumping to every beat from the loud drums. Oh, they're so weird and they're so wonderful. 

The song slowed a small repetition into silence, and while the next record was being queued, Remus could hear the giggling pants from Ana. Like in the songs play through, she'd gotten so stuck in the moment, her dancing, singing laughter she'd forgotten to breathe and was only now catching her breath. 

He wanted to be like her, so stuck in reality she'd forgotten what she needed and only a moment's time. And so he didn't think about the bittersweet of it all, how he'd given up on this, or the way he was looking at her right now.

A new song started. It was slower meant for an innocent sway. Ana kept her arms around his shoulders, stepping closer. The crowd dispersed into couples and they could see more than a back or chest of someone shoving them around.

Remus couldn't see her face with the height difference, and closeness. He tucked his chin in, able to see her face threatening to rest on his bicep, eyes pinned on something.

Remus swayed them around so he could understand what was giving the angel a headache.

Ana was getting a headache. Across the room, Mary and Emmeline Vance were doing more than a romantic sway to the tempo song. They were basically grinding on eachother, Emmeline leaning down to subtly breath into Mary's ear.

Now she took no notice to the re-used trick Emmeline put on Mary that had been done to her. She was getting a headache because she realized this week of Lily's misery and Mary's guard was not a break or hold. Mary would never do this unless the two had officially broken up it. It clicked they had broken up.

Remus caught the sight, assuming Ana was peeved about her ex? Emmeline, his hands moved away from the bow and directly on her waist, squeezing it to lean down and ask. "You jealous?"

Ana moved her head back and legs closer to see him. Did his eyes get darker? She could feel the grip his hands had on her waist. Shaking her head and opening her fists so her hands rested flat on his neck and shoulders, "Mmmm, no got my own dancing partner."

Remus smirked, his hands moved lower to the top of her hips, "I'd be jealous."

Ana caught the game, but it still made her excited, like a game of restraint. "If you were me or her?"

Remus could feel her little lace shirt dress tickling his exposed torso. "Her."

Ana gulped, looking down. She laughed a little. "What about Benjy? Think he'd be jealous?"

Remus couldn't take his eyes off her, hell he couldn't even imagine Fenwick in his mind if he wanted to. "Don't care."

Ana rolled her eyes. "Are you that cold, or is he just not that good?"

"No, he's very good?"

Authors notes:

Next part April 30th, 2024

Date posted: 4/26/2024