Crash - 🪁

TW: death (kindaish), car crash

———————————————————————-
   "Nick shut the fuck up I can't listen to your anoying voice anymore" Chris yaps.

Matt, Chris, and Nick went to the movie theater to go see a movie Nick kept pestering about. They didn't go out to movie theaters much anymore, but Nick really wanted to see the movie and it wouldn't be out for another two weeks later, so they went to go see it. Fun fact: the movie sucked, and Chris wasn't happy to have wasted his time. This resulted in a lot of fighting between the two brothers on the car ride home.

"How was I supposed to know that movie would be shit." Nick spat back "It looked cooler in the trailer."

Matt was just trying to focus on getting home. It was late and fog had started to cover the roads, making it hard to see. He decided to tune out the rest of the argument until it was resolved in an attempt to help him focus.

Everything was going well for a while, Matt was humming a few songs while Nick and Chris continued to pinch at each other, but Matt's attention was brought back after Chris made an idiotic remark.

"Fuck off Nick. Get hit by a car"

"Yo Chris!" Matt yells

"I hope you get hit by a car and it kills you dumb bitch" Nick spat back.

"Nick! Both of you stop right now!" Matt tried to break up the fight, but they kept yelling. And they were getting louder. Eventually, Matt realized he was too focused on his brothers and decided to pull over on the side of the road until the problem was resolved. He pulled to the side, letting the car behind them take their spot as the intersection light turned red.

There wasn't much Matt could do. He just kind of sat in the car and counted his breaths, trying to keep his anxiety under control. He looks over at Chris, who is now turned around, yelling directly in Nick's face.

Matt was looking back and forth at the two brothers talk nonsense to each other when all of a sudden, out of the corner of his eye, he sees something out Chris's window.

Next thing the triplets knew, there was a loud crash in the lane they pulled over at. The car that was previously behind them had gotten rammed into by another car coming in from the right side of the intersection. The three immediately started to panic and Matt called paramedics.

Because he was a witness, and pulled over at just the right time, Matt was brought out and questioned by the officer while Nick and Chris stayed in the minivan. When Matt got back in the car, he didn't say much. No one did for a while. Before they left, Matt turned around to look at his brothers and said one thing,

"I do not want one word out of you two. Ether if you, for the rest of the night, and if you don't want to end up like that over there," Matt says as he points to the crash, before looking away, squinting his eyes. "Just, don't say anything at all for the rest of the ride home." Nick and Chris obeyed, knowing Matt was stressed. The rest of the ride home was silent. Tension filled the vehicle as the only noises were cars outside of the occasional blinker.

-

When the triplets got home, Chris went inside first. He got out of the car and ran down to his room straight away. He didn't want to upset Matt anymore then he already has, and he really didn't want to talk to Nick right now ether.

"Nick can I talk to you real quick when we get inside." Matt says as Nick starts getting out of the back.

"Yea sure." The two brothers walk inside and Nick sits down on the couch. Matt sits across from him on the other side, trying to collect his thoughts before speaking.