II

》》》》》Aubrey

Me rolling over to shut off my alarm clock was an epic fail because I fell out of bed. I quickly got up checking the time, 12:30am.

I scurried into the bathroom taking a quick wash off before putting on my clothes. Cut up short shorts, fishnet stockings, combat boots and a black crop top. Accessorizing myself with bracelets, necklaces and rings, I put on some mascara and a light coat of lipgloss before grabbing my bag along with my peacoat and head out of my apartment.

"You must not get it. My job here is to collect everybody's rent money and it's either give me the money or you gotta go. That's it." The owner of my building said, speaking to one of the residents. I quietly eased my way back to my apartment, going to the bathroom and reaching behind the sink underneath a loose tile. That is where the rent money is stashed. Taking out the little green container, I opened it.

A dollar?

Climbing out of the window, I stepped down the ladder and onto the street. Walking past all the junkies and hipsters.

"Everybody that comes to Hollywood has a dream. Aye, what's your dream?" He asked me

"For you to get away from me, creep." I said

"Aye mister. Hey, what's your dream?" I heard him ask others.

I kept my head down as I walked, like always. I went to the nearest club, I knew for sure he would be. The Blue Banana Club.

"Hey, Pop. Ej here?"

"Upstairs with that Rico kid."

I went up the staircase and spotted him, in the corner with shades on. I pushed through a crowd of drunk and horny people, then I stood in front of him, waiting for him to notice me.

"Yo, bre. How's it goin'?" He smiled

"It's all gone, isn't it?" I asked, getting straight to the point

"Rico you know my roommate Aubrey, right? Bre this is Saleste, Angel an-"

"I know everybody, is it all gone Ej?"

"Rico sold me some good shit, we just threw this awesome party, I hosted it. How cool is that?"

"How could you spend our rent money on drugs? The hell is wrong with you?" I pulled him up from the pleather couch

"I just... I don't know okay? I need a little, pick me up." He said, stumbling

"Well, we need rent money." I crossed my arms over my chest

"Calm down kid, he only owes me $200 more."

"Another $200 more? What the fuck Ej."

"That was from a long time ago." He fanned me off

"That's right Aubrey, $200. But if you're willing to help him pay off that debt, we could work something out."

"No, hell no." Ej said

He pulled me back down the staircase, going to the bar.

"You're an asshole." I said

"Tell me something I don't know." He said walking away from me and the exit.

"You took the money while I was asleep- hey, let's go, we gotta go now."

"Can I get a snack please. Geesh, why are you in such a hurry?"

"I wanna get this night over with."

"Look, it's my apartment. I gave you a place to stay when you came here. Rico has been on my ass for a while so I had to give him something, so please don't bitch at me about it. It's irritating."

"I'm sorry if I'm being a bitch to you, but it's half my apartment too and you can't just take money, especially rent money for a fix whenever you need it. Don't you wanna get away from all of this?" I said, looking at him

"Get away from what? Where the fuck are we gonna go?" He said with his arms out

I have no idea.

》》》》》Lorenzo

"Excuse me, can you tell me where Beverly Hills is?"

"You're lookin' at it. This is the slums." He laughed

I scanned the rough looking area and looked at the man like he was crazy. I think he is since he's rummaging through the gabage, talking to himself.

"Um, thanks."

"You're welcome." He said

I quickly drove away while trying to find my way around.

I spot what looks like a strip and I abruptly come to a stop.

"Okay, you know what you're doing with this car. It's not that hard." I said to myself, messing with the shift.

"Hey, cutie you looking for a good time?" This gorgeous boy said leaning in the passenger window.

"No, I was actually looking for Beverly Hills. Do you know the way?"

"Sure, for $20." He bribed

That's ridiculous, $20 for directions.

"You can't do that." I said

"I can do whatever I want. I'm not the one who's lost."

He stood up and turned around, leaning up against the car. If this is the only way I can get to my hotel, so be it. I ignored the temptation to stare at his ass before finally giving in.

"Fine, get in. You got change for a $50?"

"Nope," he took the money, stuffing it in his bag "But I could give you a personal tour and show you where all the famous people live."

"That's alright I've already been to the slums."

"Okay, down the street, make a right and the light."

I took off down the street.

"This, is a cool car." He said

"Thanks, it's a little much for my liking." I said, shrugging

"Is it yours?"

"No."

"Did you steal it?"

"Not exactly." I said "So, what's your name?"

"Whatever you want it to be." He smirked

I looked at him, wanting a real answer. Not some practiced line.

"My name's Aubrey."

"Aubrey." I repeated to myself

"So, where are you staying?"

"The Beverly Wilshire."

-

"You seem to know alot about cars. Why is that?"

"I knew a couple of boys back home that used to work on cars and I would always sit there and observe. They would buy cars like corvettes and mustangs for the low then fix them up." He looked around the car "Why do you know so little about cars?"

"Well, uh my first car was a limousine. So where is the home you speak of?"

"Georgia- you might have left your transmission back at the light. You ain't shifting this baby right, this is a standard H."

"Standard H, like I know what the hell that means. Have you ever driven one of these bad boys?"

"No." He shook his head

"This must be your lucky day, because you're about to drive a brand new car." I said like the guy from The Price Is Right.

"You can't be serious."

"As a heart attack." I said pulling over. "And you're sitting on my coat."

Aubrey in the MM

5+ Comments