A Jigsaw Puzzle and Life

That's what's so gorgeous about humanity. It doesn't matter how bleak our lives are,

we still fight for the light. I think that's our divinity.

We lean into love, even in the most hideous circumstances.

We manage to hope. 

-Mary Karr, The Art of Memoir No.1 

Mumbai, February 28, 2024

-Manasvi-

It was Anu's birthday. As soon as I woke up, I went straight to the flowers market and got her some white tulips. Before she woke up, I had already made her favourite aloo parathas.

Cooking has always been a way of expression for me, of course apart from acting and writing. Whenever I was anxious about something, or deeply sad, or in a dilemma, I cooked. What started as an escape from reality, life turned into a necessity. But today I did have a special reason to cook.. the one I mentioned above.

"Happy Birthday!!!!!!" I said jubilantly as I entered the room, holding a cup of coffee.

"Thank you so much." Anu spoke as she woke up.

"Chalo, come on! wake up, I've made breakfast." I stated, keeping the coffee on the table.

"Already? Wow!." she was obviously surprised as I almost never make breakfast even though I cook for lunch or dinner.

"Yes yes." 

As we sat on the floor having our breakfast, I told her that although I didn't want to go to the auditions today, leaving her alone, yet I had no option but this.

"I think you should go. Hrehaan's going to come over. So I won't be feeling lonely. Don't worry." she sated.

"Um, yes. But do you know where I'll be going?"

She thought for a while, and then gasped when she thought she made a correct guess. 

"Red Chillies..?" she guessed, breaking the sentence into pieces.

"Yeah, Aakash, my agent told me that they are looking for a new face for a series. Already some 100-200 girls have auditioned. And apparently, they haven't found the one." I added.

"Oh! I see. They are probably looking only for you." saying this, she chuckled. I dismissed.

"Okay, fine. I am not sure if they are looking for you for the series and stuff. But, I am pretty sure that 'he' is looking for you." she said, being sarcastic.

"Oh God! I am glad that I don't have to spend the entire day with you and that I got work or else you would have bored me with this nonsense." I said, joining hands before her, and giggling.

"Jokes apart, doesn't it make sense, Manu, he hasn't married anyone yet, and now that he is unmarried you enter his life again." she said, trying to sound logical.

"Come on. There's nothing like that. Back then he was dating Ella, and they were supposed to get engaged." I shrugged.

"But they didn't get engaged. And even after that he was linked with so many women." 

"Whatever."

"If he had gotten engaged or married or was in a serious relationship with anyone, then some news of it would have certainly come out now. Things like these don't stay hidden for long. Rumors spread faster than fire" she tried to convince me.