Confused

Diamond POV

Finding it hard to believe what he was saying, I pushed him off me.

"Des, what has come over you? Are you reacting this way because you are drunk?" I asked, trying to understand what was going on.

For the past ten years of our friendship, I have always known Desmond as a straight guy, who was popular amongst girls. He had never told me he was a bisexual or a gay person.

Even though the way I pushed him was quite painful, he stood up smiling at me. He took a step closer to me and I took two steps backward.

If this was a dream, then I better wake up from it. I better wake up fast before I go crazy!

"Nerd, I am not confessing my feelings because I am drunk, but because I suddenly found the courage to. It is killing to keep acting like I felt nothing for you. No matter how hard I try to forget about you, you keep coming into my mind and messing my head up!"

He sounded honest and sincere. But how can this be? How will I face him, knowing fully well that he has a crush on me?

I placed my hands on his shoulder before I began, "Des, let's talk about this tomorrow when we are sober."

He fell to the bed sadly, probably disappointed at my response to his words.

Seeing him shut his eyes, I covered the duvet on him because I knew he was a fast sleeper.

I left my room to join my cousins. Everyone was wasted except my close cousin who was an extrovert. She used to be an introvert until she met a completely different guy and became obsessed with him.

"Prisc-"

"Priscilla, not Prisc. It sounds more like prick," she interrupted me.

"Okay, fine. Priscilla, has your best friend ever confessed his feeling to you?" I asked all of a sudden, sounding like a different person that she was familiar with.

She smiled faintly at my question, giving me the gaze 'boy is growing up'.

"Yes. Though, I rejected him instantly," she said, without an ounce of emotion.

"What? So you rejected him instantly? What if it tears your friendship apart?" I asked, my voice sounding a bit louder than usual.

She hit me slightly before she replied, "Tch, you are overreacting. It's just a six month friendship."

"What about ten years? Like, will you reject that person? Or just keep pretending like you are fine with it?"

I smiled as I saw her facial expression change upon hearing my questions. It looked like she was beginning to feel the slightest confusion going on in my head.

"Ten years? I won't reject him right away. Though, we can never be as close as before. Seeing the way he summoned the courage to confess to me, I won't reject him right away. I will just keep my distance because I know he will probably do the same," she replied warmly, sounding like something she would really do if she was in that state.

"Wow-"

Again, she interrupted me, "Wait a minute, a female friend of yours confessed to you?"

"Ye...s," I replied, stressing out the word.

"Anyway, goodluck on the beginning of your love life. By the way, why is your friend not coming out?" She asked, sounding worried.

I hesitated before I replied, "Hmm... Maybe, he already slept off after getting drunk on a bottle of whisky."

"Bottle of whisky? Wow, he is the real deal, boy. Please can I have his number? I already fallen for him," she said.

I bit my lip at her words. I can't believe my thirty year old cousin is already head over heels for him, anyway he was popular among girls for a reason.

"I can't! He is off limits, Priscilla. Go face your man and take your eyes off my friend!"

She chuckled at my words before she went to join the others that were still drinking even though they were wasted. I regretted inviting them.

"Mr. Greg, your mother wants to see you," said our maid.

I left the living room and headed to my mother's room, reeking of alcohol. I was able to celebrate this birthday of mine, all thanks to her.

I knocked faintly and after I got my response, I walked in.

"Diamond, happy birthday," she said, arranging her luggages. "I am going to be leaving for country D tonight. I will join your father for a business event, so don't humiliate us before our arrival to the city. Make sure to always be the good boy you were."

With the way she sounded, anyone would doubt if I say she isn't my real mom, though she isn't consistent. She is always in support of my foster father's harsh treatment, but treated me nicely in his absence. Ever since I was adopted into their family, I had only one goal: to obtain their aim as a successful business family.

"Okay, mom. I wish you a safe journey," I said, my smile strained as if I was really sad about her travelling.

I knew if she was away, I could do anything I wanted. All I have to do is give her spy a few dollars and we are good.

"Don't forget this is the time you need to put in extra attention and everything aside to focus on your study. Also, I hope you haven't forgotten that after this final year session, you are getting engaged with Clara?" She asked coldly.

"Yes. I will make sure I make you and dad proud like always," I said with pride laced in my voice.

She patted my shoulder slightly. "Sure. I know you can do it," with that said, she dragged her luggage out, but halted upon opening the door. "Oh, I almost forgot, you are going to be living in the hostel. I am going to fire all the workers and lock my door before leaving the city."

"Tonight?" I asked, sounding scared.

"Hmm, no. I am going to be coming back to the house tomorrow afternoon. I have to watch you leave for the hostel before traveling," she said and left.

Somehow, I didn't feel bad about it, because I will be able to keep my distance with Desmond if I am living in the school hostel. Besides, who will entrust their building and everything to a stranger's child? Of course, no one. Also, I guess she would be staying there for almost a year.

GUYS, COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS. VOTE. AND RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO YOUR FRIEND.