Baby fever-D.M

As I watched Dawson skate effortlessly across the ice, holding his teammate's baby in his strong arms, I couldn't help but feel a tug at my heart. The way he smiled down at the little bundle of joy, his eyes sparkling with adoration, made me realize just how much I wanted to build a future with him.

As he glided towards me, his smile widened upon seeing me watching him. "Hey, babe," he greeted, carefully adjusting the baby in his arms. "Isn't she adorable?"

I nodded, unable to tear my gaze away from the scene before me. "She really is. You look so natural holding her."

Dawson chuckled softly, his eyes never leaving mine. "Maybe it's a sign," he teased, gently bouncing the baby in his arms. "You know, us with a little one of our own someday."

His words sent a jolt of excitement through me, mingled with a hint of nervousness. The idea of starting a family with Dawson had crossed my mind before, but now, in this moment, it felt more real than ever.

As the evening drew to a close and we began our journey home, the image of Dawson holding the baby lingered in my mind. The warmth of his embrace, the tenderness in his touch—it was a glimpse into the future I yearned for.

"Hey, Dawson," I began tentatively, breaking the comfortable silence between us.

"Yeah?" he replied, glancing over at me with a soft smile.

"I was thinking... maybe we should have a baby," I blurted out, my heart pounding in my chest as I waited for his response.

Dawson's eyes widened in surprise, but a grin slowly spread across his face. "Really?" he breathed, his voice filled with wonder.

I nodded, feeling a rush of relief wash over me. "Yeah. I mean, if you're up for it. I just... I can't shake the feeling that it's something we're meant to do together."

His hand found mine, his fingers intertwining with mine as he squeezed gently. "I'd love nothing more than to start a family with you," he said, his voice filled with sincerity. "But let's take things one step at a time, okay? We'll figure it out together."