Author's note

The pirate looked down at her Jedi friend as the woman sat on the ground, allowing Phee to move golden trinkets into her hair, and frowned as the thought hit her. "Hey Az, I gotta ask. Why would you give up everything that made you you, why would you give up your identity to become a faceless figure?" Phee asks with a sincere look on her face. Azera released a sigh as her posture shriveled.

"To become a Jedi Temple Guard is one of the highest honors a Jedi knight can be bestowed upon them. So when Master Drallig asked if I'd be interested in joining the Guard, I took it. I said goodbye to my master and told my friends that I'd be leaving. And became a guardsmen." Azera explained as she looked down at her old mask, a fragment of her former self. "The nice thing about being a mask, a faceless figure, is that even if you finally lower it, no one, not even yourself knows who you are." She admitted quietly.

"Well, you are finding yourself now huh?" Phee grinned as she finished the last of her hair. "There you go, a unique look just for a friend." She added as she gave the former Jedi a mirror. "Now it's time for you to redo my hair." Azera's face fell as she looked at the liberator in shock. "But I don't know how to braid hair like that." She admitted with reddened cheeks. "Well, then I'll teach you. If you're up for it Az."

"Do you ever serve in the military?" The Former Sargent asked the former Jedi knight. I let out a quiet sigh and shook head. "No, I live on Coruscant, so I was far from the frontlines. Nor did I serve in the military." I answered truthfully because the guard isn't a military force, we were a more of a police if anything. Hunter turned his head, I froze. I found myself ensnared into his deep brown eyes. It was as if the world had stilled, as I heard or saw was Hunter.

There is a sneak peek into my new story, The Commandos Jedi. The story of former Jedi temple Guard Azera Azadi becoming a civilian and learning what it means to be herself again with the help of a friend or two and a love interest. Follow along as Azera meets up with the rouge clone squadron the clone Force 99 as both lovers learn what it means to love.