"The reason?"

"I don't know that, but I can investigate."

"That's not necessary. You can go."

When Vin left, Zaccariah realized that it was time to pick up his nephew. Half an hour later, he arrived at the school. The gates opened and Arlo ran towards him.

"Uncle!" He yelled and threw himself in his arms.

"How was your day, darling?"

"I had fun today. What about you? Were you too late for work?" The boy asked, while Zaccariah secured him in the backseat.

"No, it was alright. However, your mom just found a job today and she won't be home, so what do you say about staying with me at the company for a while? I promise I will try to finish up work as soon as I can." He smiled at the boy and waited for his answer.

"That's okay. Can I play some video games on your phone, though?"

"Deal." Zaccariah patted his head and drove them to the company.

Seeing their president with a kid in his arms shocked everyone there.

"The president has a son?"

"They do look alike."

Melis had been unemployed all these years and Arlo would stay home with her after school, so he had never been at his uncle's company before.

Zaccariah didn't care much about what others said, so he just let them talk and took his nephew to his office. While he was working, Arlo quietly played video games in the sofa and didn't disturb him at all.

"Uncle, I'm hungry." He spoke after a few hours. He couldn't stand it anymore.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. I'm a bit busy right now. But how about I call Vin? You can go with him and buy whatever you want."

"Yes!" The boy enthusiastically answered.

Zaccariah immediately called Vin to the office.

"Let's go, Arlo." Vin smiled at him and took his hand.

Zaccariah trusted this person, that was why he could leave Arlo in his hands.

While he was working, Arlo had already ordered all his favourite dishes, then he asked Vin. "Let's buy something for uncle too, okay?"

"Of course."

After they ate and took Zaccariah's meal with them, they went back to the company.

Currently, there was something going on, so Vin had to check it out. It looked like a big fight among some people.

"Stay here for a moment, okay? I will be right back."

Arlo nodded and didn't move from the spot.

After a few minutes, a girl approached him and spoke in a low malicious voice. "Are you really the President's son? Who's your mother? Tell me!"

She grabbed his arm with force and was staring at him maliciously. Arlo was scared. He didn't dare move and he was in the verge of tears. This reminded him of how his father used to treat him and he felt helpless.

"Uncle." He whispered, his tears ready to fall down his cheeks.

"Let go of the kid." A woman's voice was heard and she grabbed the girl's hand with great force, twisting it slowly. The girl was screaming in pain.

"What are you doing? Let me go!"

Reina let her go and the girl ran away. Then, she turned to the kid.