He would follow her scent to make sure no harm would befallen to her and would find that she could not only take care of herself just as easily as he'd done, but spur them on. She would run and like the silly boys they were they would go after her, thrilled to be included in such a chase. They'd often corner her against a dark ally or an abandoned building where they thought she was most vulnerable. 

What fools they were for she would wait for them to strike before going in for the killing blows, fangs bared. One by one they would drop like the pestilent flies they were. She'd savor in her glory, drinking every last drop of blood out of them before she licked the remaining evidence off her skin. Astarion thought her savagery was unparalleled, save for his very own.

If there was one thing he gave her credit for it was how quietly she would do it. He would always watch her dismember her victims into parts, throwing them into the sewer canals all by herself. Her strength was something else given how tall she was and her size. She looked like a small lioness taking on twice her size. Astarion would admit that even with his hearing he would have to strain to listen to her while she worked.

He was proud of her. He never told her, but it didn't make the feelings any less true. She had learned what he had taught her and improved it, sharpening it like a knife against a wet stone. It amazed him not only for the way she had learned, but how quickly she could make the bodies disappear. All the while returning to him as if such a thing never happened. Her cunning was one of the things he admired about her, for it reminded him of a time where he too used to behave in such a similar manner with his previous master. 

But he didn't like to reminisce on those times. He often kept those memories locked away within himself, never to see the light of day like his former spawn self. 

With what little fraction Sinil had with her secrets and independency Astarion kept a rather close eye on her, never fully pulling his attention away, afraid he'd miss something important that she would do. 

Unlike some she was one of the first creatures to have helped him when he was captured by the mind flayers oh so many years ago. It was she, among some others who had crashed the Nautiloid, an Illithid war ship that was flying across realms collecting bodies to help their cause in the name of the Absolute. 

To name the few that had helped her, it was Lae'zel of Creche Kliir, a well trained Githyanki warrior and Shadowheart, an esteemed Cleric of the Dark Goddess, Shar who had given her their might and strength to aid in this trail. When the warship had crashed it was they among the remaining victims that had landed on shore. With what few resources Sinil had and the Illithid tadpole squirming in her head she couldn't think of better companionship when she came across them. She offered not only a position to them in her camp, but offered one to Astarion as well. 

Granted the two didn't meet on the best terms with Astarion trying to fool her and then throwing her to the ground, eventually wielding a blade against her throat to comply. After a much deserved headbutt she found a way to release herself and explain how they were captured and what the tadpole was do to them if they avoided finding a way to remove it. It was she who had convinced him to team up and venture upon their journey to find a healer. 

They did too, but unfortunately for them they weren't given the answers they were looking for. The fact that the tadpole was encased around ancient magic to prevent it's removal only extended their journey. It brought them all the way to the Shadowlands, Moonrise Towers, Baldur's Gate and much beyond that.  

They hadn't been apart since. It was because of Sinil did she manage to convince Astarion to overthrow his master and claim his Ascension in that time. When he had finally done it Sinil couldn't help but notice the change in him, but despite that she had stuck by his side to aid in the construction of the empire he so desperately craved.