{ 🥀 } ・ and so, he sat there

"i'll never love again""i'm so in love with you""i'll never thrill again""to somebody new" — i'll never smile again, tommy dorsey ♡‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹kinito x gn!readerTW: HEAVILY IMPLIED DEATH (READER AND KINITO) summary: you haven't been on ...

"i'm so in love with you"
"i'll never thrill again"
"to somebody new"
i'll never smile again, tommy dorsey
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹
kinito x gn!reader
TW: HEAVILY IMPLIED DEATH (READER AND KINITO)
summary: you haven't been on for weeks. where have you been, friend?
requested by Wannab3Rose
based off of jack stauber's "just take my wallet" and tommy dorsey's "i'll never smile again"
brief warning: this is longer than usual and can be really sad (may be triggering for some as this also explores the internal turmoil of losing someone you love the most and the fear of abandonment.)

"Hey, Y/N?" Kinito lightly nudged your cursor, looking up at it with a slight tilt to his head, making you look back at your PC curiously. "Where are you going?"

With a small smile, you turned back to approach your PC and give your little axolotl companion a few pats on the head, making him purr contently as he lowered his head, snuggling into your cursor affectionately. With a soft scoff and a chuckle, you assured him, "Don't worry, I'm just going to go get some stuff and I'll be back really quick. Groceries, maybe."

"Okay!" he quickly gave you a small nod, waving his gloved hands while doing small hops, not feeling very happy about parting with you but willing to respect your space. "Don't be gone for too long."

"I won't."

And just like that, you looped a video of an ocean underwater for him to play around with while you were gone before shutting the door to go outside. Quickly, he called for his other pals who were hiding.

"Sam, Jade! We're in the clear now!" Kinito exclaimed excitedly as Jade dragged a very exhausted and grouchy sea anemone whining about getting his beauty sleep being interrupted. "Did you both get what I asked?"

"Oh yes, we sure did!" Jade beamed enthusiastically, swiftly sliding out a piece of paper from behind her, winking at her friend while giving him a reassuring thumbs up. "Here you go, take a good look at this. All of their favorite stuff or interests! Just how you wanted it."

"Oh— thanks a lot, friend!" Kinito thrilled as he quickly took the paper, almost a little too excitedly as he began scrambling around to get his reading glasses. Jade chuckled at the sight while pulling Sam up on his feet, watching the pink axolotl carefully and meticulously study the whole list.

"Psst! Why's he so serious about it?" Sam whisper-shouted to Jade, glancing over at Kinito and then back at her. Jade stifled a small giggle at his question before leaning closer to whisper back.

"Because he's in love with Y/N!" Jade exclaimed softly in a whisper, winking. "You dumbass."

While the two of them had started a rapid fist fight in the back, Kinito quietly and carefully took everything on the list into consideration. Particularly, your favorite color. After some groans and efforts to stop his friends from pouncing on each other, he hushed them, "Oh, stop it now! We have more important matters at hand!"