I stepsided the soldier's haphazard overhead swing with a lopsided smirk, the cord of blood wrapping around its neck and lifting it up. My arm floated over to me, and I snatched it out of the air to wave disapprovingly at the struggling Fragmentum soldier. "You can only blame yourself for not running when you still could," I clicked my tongue as it desperately clawed at its throat, kicking the air as I slowly choked the life out of it. "I've no use for Fragmentum-infected blood, so go ahead and die now," I chirped, the blood sharpening into a chakram-like form and decapitating it.

The body quickly dissipated in a burst of ashes as I jabbed my severed arm onto the stump on my torso, thin tendrils of blood sewing it back in plate. The blood I used to decapitate the Fragmentum soldier lay splattered on the floor, the trace amounts of Fragmentum energy in it enough to render me bedridden for a couple days if I put it back in my body.

"Aeons damn it, I'll have to give them a call again," I groaned, digging my phone out of my back pocket. "Silver Wolf and Kafka are gonna tease the living hell out of me..."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Ahahahahahaha!!" Silver Wolf cackled, clutching her sides as she nearly fell off the couch laughing. "You- You let a mob do you in? Aeons, I wish I had tailed you with a drone to capture that moment," she snickered, flipping herself upside down so that her legs were dangling over the back of the couch and her head staring at me from upside down off the end.

"I swear that I'll pluck you into a Bald Wolf one of these days," I grumbled as I chucked a pillow at her face, failing to stifle her giggles.

"I'll hack into your Bird Palooza account and lock all your skins besides the goose one for a week," Silver Wolf shot back with a shit eating grin.

"Great! A perfect justification to be a menace to society," I smirked, stalking over to Silver Wolf, whose eyes were watching my movements with a small amount of suspicion. "If you like laughing so much... how about I help you?" I declared, pouncing on her torso and dancing my fingers over her skin, tickling all the spots I knew were her weak points.

"Wait, wait, wait-" she pleaded between gasps and wheezes, trying but failing to roll away and out of my grasp. She would jab at my own torso from time to time to tickle me as well, but unfortunately for her, my only ticklish spot was safely tucked away in my shoes.

"Do you admit defeat?" I grinned as I reached up a hand to tickle her neck a little.

"Nev-never!" Silver Wolf insisted, her trembling fingers tapping at something in the air seconds before I was drowning in a mass wave of black-and-white feathers.

"Ew- Blegh, fluff in my mouth!" I spat, stumbling away as I spat out small feathers that had somehow found their way into my mouth. "That's cheating; real women fight with nothing but their bare hands!"

"Hand-to-hand combat's for chumps," Silver Wolf shrugged as she righted herself. "Real gamers fight smarter, not harder."

"Wait- Feathers and gamers... The new banner! It's Madam Quail's limited-time banner!" I squawked as I frantically dug out my phone, Silver Wolf perfectly mirroring my movements.

"I can't believe I nearly forgot about it. It's totally your fault, by the way," Silver Wolf mumbled as she logged into the game with the speed of a seasoned gambler.