"Ew. Don't talk with your mouth full."

Naruto grinned before he swallowed and continued talking.

"Anyway! We're going to practice new stuff today right? You said you had something new planned!"

"Yeah." Toji crumpled up the paper bag the dango came in and stuck it in a pocket. He'd throw it away when he got home. "We have to go buy the supplies first. Come on, let's get there before the rest of the afternoon crowd does."

Toji dashed off in a run and Naruto was quick to catch up with him. This had become a normal way for them to travel through the village. It also served as a form of training. Toji mapped out the most direct route through the village in his head, and treated it like an obstacle course. They'd run between houses, over fences, drop down retaining walls, and jump over roofs when they were close enough together.

Essentially he was teaching Naruto parkour. He knew it was almost redundant when most ninja could use chakra to boost their speed and use it to stick to surfaces, but Toji still thought it was good practice for training the body on how to react to new surroundings. Especially if you needed to avoid an opponent. The more obstacles between them and you gave you more time to think of a counterattack.

Naruto had been making leaps and bounds in progress too. The blonde was always competitive and loved winning their races, so he was always pushing himself to find new ways to slide between obstacles to cut down on time. Again, Toji was quite surprised at how quick witted his blonde friend was. While he wasn't the smartest when it came to his studies, his mind was quick to pick up on tactics and decision making.

Sometimes Toji almost thought he could see the image of what kind of Hokage Naruto would make.

Spotting the material shop in question, Toji stopped on top of the roof of a nearby building. They were well into the market square in the center of the village now. It was full of shops that sold anything ranging from weapons, clothes, toys, and foreign-wares. The multi-tiered structure of all the shops made it quite fun to run around in as well. Something the shop owners always yelled at the two of them about.

He felt the misplacement of air as Naruto stumbled to a stop beside him. While he was quite good at the running portion of parkour, his landings still made him stumble a bit.

"Which one is it?"

"There." Toji pointed to a weapon shop that had a sign hanging over it in the shape of a kunai crossing over a shuriken. Written in katakana below the sign were the words 'Lei-Feng Weapons' .

"Huh? Lei-Feng? What kind of language is that?"

Toji shrugged. "I don't know what it's called. But I heard it's from the lands beyond Earth and Wind Country. Some of the smaller countries between them speak the language from those lands. Konoha gets immigrants from them sometimes."

"What are immigrants?" Asked Naruto in confusion.

"They're people who move away from their country and move into a new country."

"Oh."

"The point is, it's a new shop and they probably don't know enough about us yet to overcharge us. Which is why we're gonna shop here for the supplies we need."

"Oh! Good idea!"

Toji slid off the edge of the roof he was on and hung off the edge for a second before dropping down and rolling as he hit the ground. Naruto was right behind him and used his hands to spring out of the roll and onto his feet. He always used that move whenever he had the chance. His blonde friend loved to show off any chance he got.

It didn't take much time for them to enter the shop and the sounds of the market disappeared as the door closed behind them. Weapons of different sizes and shapes lined the walls and the smell of metal polish tickled both of their noses. In the center of the shop's main floor were a few racks with different ninja supplies, including, but not limited to, ninja-wire, fuinjutsu scrolls, fuinjutsu ink, premade seals, body mesh, and ninja wear.