Part 1

Its already been a few years after the incidents in Guanyin temple, Lan Wang ji and Wei Wu Xian are still roaming around the cultivation world, visiting Cloud Recess more often. Lan Xi Chen is out of seclusion now and resumed his role of sect leader, let's say the rule prohibiting The excessive expression of emotions was perfectly working to hide the pain & guilt in his heart. Lan QiRen became more adaptable to his nephew in-law. Certainly It was not easy, to accept a man, a demonic cultivator as his precious nephew's partner. But wasn't he the one who raised both of his nephews ? If its not him, then who can understand them better?? As a first step to the change, The rules solely aimed at Wei WuXian was removed from the wall of rules. The juniors were still going on night hunts with Wen Ning. The relationship between Wei Wu Xian and Jiang Wan Yin is also getting better. The process was slow but working. Yes, its not easy to forgive and forget. Especially what you had to trade was your entire life. But it is safe to say everything is changing for better and all of them were healing slowly.....

      One of those days both Wei WuXian and Lan Wangji reached Cloud Recess after visiting Jin Ru Lan in Lotus Pier. After the dinner, Lan Wangji was checking some documents in Jingshi, hoping to ease his brother's work load. He turned his head searching for his beloved who became awfully quiet after their visit in Lotus pier. Wei WuXian was lying in their bed, his eyes closed, fingers fidgeting the end of his ribbon.

"wei ying"

"........"

"wei ying ?"

".............."

This time he just got up walking straight to his bed. For someone who knew Wei WuXian more like the back of his hand it as not hard for Lan WangJi to guess that something is stuck on his Wei Ying's mind. He sat on the edge of their bed careful not to startle the other, slowly he ran his fingers through Wei Ying's long hairs. That did the work. Wei Ying looked at his beloved husband, smiling.

"What were you thinking ?"

"How unfair the life is"

Lan Wangji was definitely not expected Wei Wuxian to answer so this reply surprised him. 

"Jin Ling is only 17. Around the  age as ours when I first came to cloud Recess for study. Oh ! How much fun we had that time. Along with Jiang Cheng and Nei HuiSang, making every minute of our teen years memorable. Now that I think of it, I absolutely enjoyed my stay here. And there was you ... My most favorite in the entire Gusu."

He smiled remembering those days. Those good old days.

"He is a sect leader now. A sect leader Lan Zhan. At the age where he should play around and enjoy his life, at the age he should be pampered and advised by his parents, he is maintaining a sect. Without his parents being his side "

"NOT WEI YING'S FAULT"

Lan Wangji said making sure to emphasize each word. By know he understood the picture. It was one of those days were Wei Wuxian's self-blaming session starts. Especially today After visiting his brother and nephew it was predictable.

"But I started everything. If I was not carried over by emotions Jin Zixuan wouldn't have died. If I was a bit more careful Shijie wouldn't have died. I cant escape from this Lan Zhan. Every time I meet Jian Cheng and Jin Ling, the guilt is eating me up. I can't escape from the fact that I'm the reason of their sorrows."

After a while of silence he continued.

"Only if there was a way to turn back time, only if there was a way to bring them back..If there is nothing, then I'll make one. I would do anything to get that done, anything "

 Lan Wangji who was silent all these time definitely was not feeling good. How determined he sounded talking about brining the dead back brought back his memories of those 13 years with out Wei ying. Lan Wangji was getting this Hunch. Something was going to happen. More like his Wei Ying was up to something. Something that would change their life as a whole. something that could rewrite the entire story.