Interlude: Octavinelle

Heracles stood at the exit mirror of the Savanaclaw dorm, waiting for her Octavinelle friends to kidnap her-come pick her up. After being thrown two parties by two separate dorms, Heracles had realized that being thrown separate parties by each dorm was something she should expect and that she should just go with the flow. Leona, Jack and Ruggie all stood behind her, as if they were standing watch. Grimm was on her shoulder, looking eager to continue partying. Farena, Scarabi and Cheka weren't there. They had gone back to the Afterglow Savannah last night after Heracles went to sleep. It had upset her that she hadn't been able to say goodbye, but Leona had comforted her by saying she would see them again when she came to visit him during the summer, so she had calmed and accepted it. Ruggie sighed heavily in annoyance.

"When are those damn fish gonna get here? They said they'd pick her up half an hour ago!", Leona complained. Ruggie laughed, and Leona shot him a glare. Jack rolled his eyes at their interaction.

"Could you both not? It's too early in the morning for this. Calm down. Azul will get here when he gets here.", Jack said. Heracles and Grimm didn't join in the conversation, still too sleepy to talk. Then, as if they had been summoned, a familiar set of twins walked through the mirror. Heracles immediately perked up.

"Jade! Floyd!", she cried as she ran to hug them, and she squealed loudly when Floyd picked her up and held her in his arms, spinning her around gleefully. Jade watched him do this fondly.

"Shrimpy! We missed you so much!", he whined as he spun the girl in his arms around. Heracles giggled and hugged Floyd back when she stopped spinning.

"But you saw me just a few days ago!", Heracles responded. This time it was Floyd who giggled.

"I know~! But I missed squeezing my little Shrimpy~!", Floyd purred like a content cat, and Heracles laughed. Leona rolled his eyes at the display.

"Seven, you damn eels are so clingy. Are you gonna take Hera to your party or are you just gonna stand here hugging her all day?", Leona complained. Floyd glared at him and held Heracles tighter, while Jade gave him a 'customer service' smile.

"No need to worry Leona, we were just about to leave. Come along Floyd, there are things we need to help Hera do before the party.", Jade said. Floyd made a whining sound, but did as he was told as he followed Jade out with Heracles still in his arms. Heracles looked at Jade curiously.

"Like what?", she asked. Jade gave her a soft, genuine smile.

"You didn't think we were going to ask you to celebrate with us while you're still bone tired from all that Magical Shift you played yesterday, did you? We've set up a morning of self-care before the actual party to help you recover from your strenuous activities.", Jade explained kindly, and Floyd snickered.

"Yeah Shrimpy, you didn't think we'd drag you into a third round without some aftercare, right?", Floyd asked slyly. Heracles blinked at him in confusion, unsure about what he meant. Jade frowned at his twin for his inappropriate remarks and subtly stepped on his foot.

"OUCH! What the hell, Jade?!", Floyd asked. Jade gave him the side eye.

"Watch your language in front of Hera.", Jade demanded, and Heracles became even more confused.

"Why would he need to watch his language? He didn't say anything bad.", Heracles asked. Jade gave her an indulgent smile. He had no idea how she had stayed so innocent in a school full of nothing but teenage boys.

"We'll tell you when you're older, Angelfish.", Jade responded. Heracles mulled over whether or not that answer was sufficient, before nodding.

"Hm... okay!", she chirped in response, uncaring about the information she wasn't privy to, and both of the tweels laughed.