Year One: Skipping Classes, Eavesdropping and Three-Headed Dogs

The weeks passed at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Heracles spent all her time with Neville, in her room or in her lab, making mirrors. The twins sometimes showed up to bother her or ask what she was doing, and she would give them a cryptic answer they never understood. She liked them well enough because of how they reminded her of Jade and Floyd, but she still didn't trust them that much.

Heracles stopped going to classes after the first week. She already knew everything they were teaching and didn't want to go through the hassle of skipping a grade. She still turned in her work and showed up for tests, getting flying colors each time, but she was never seen sitting in on a lecture. Neville, thankfully, didn't require her help that much after the first week. People started treating him with more respect after Heracles punched Malfoy on his behalf, fearing his friend's reaction if they didn't. As a result, Neville became less nervous and was no longer a target for bullying. Even Snape was nicer to him and actually gave him points for doing well, unlike the other Gryffindors.

Heracles walked through one of the castle's abandoned corridors, trying to reach her lab after leaving the Slytherin dorms. She had spent most of the day sleeping after working on a new mirror well into the night, only for it to fail. She was interrupted, however, when Snape appeared from around a corner.

"Miss Potter.", he said in his usual slow drawl. Heracles stopped walking and eyed him warily.

"Snape. What can I do you for?", she asked. She knew the potions master was looking for her. Why else would he come into a hall only she ever used. The man narrowed his eyes at her.

"A word.", he said, and then he started walking away towards his office. Heracles took the hint and followed. Once they reached his office, the two entered the dark room. Snape took a seat behind his cluttered desk.

"What were you thinking?!", he hissed dangerously. Heracles blinked in confusion.

"I have no idea what you're talking about.", she told him bluntly. Snape sneered at her.

"Your classes, Miss Potter! You haven't shown up for a single one since the first week of term! The staff is in an uproar!", the black haired man yelled, and Heracles realized what he was talking about.

"Oh, that. I don't see how that's a problem. I complete my work and show up for tests. My grades are perfect. I don't understand why not showing up to class would get me in trouble.", Heracles said. Snape's anger grew.

"It is a problem because you are a student! You must go to class! It is part of being a student!", Snape told her. Heracles glared at him, already tired of the confrontation.

"Part of being a student is learning. And in those classes, I'm not learning anything. I already know how to make things float. I already know how to turn matchsticks into needles and back again. I already know how to make the remedies you have Neville and the other first years make every day. I complete every assignment, provide proof that I can make every potion and do every spell required, and I don't misbehave. By all accounts, I'm a model student who's just bored of the lessons.", Heracles reminded him, and Snape narrowed his eyes at her suspiciously.

"Yes, but I'm sure Mr. Malfoy would have much to say to contradict that.", Snape told her, as if he had caught her red handed. Heracles snorted.

"That pompous little fool? And tell me, who's he going to talk to? No one, that's who. He's to scared of me to do otherwise. Everyone is.", Heracles said confidently. Malfoy was the least of her worries. Snape glared at her with disgust.

"So arrogant, just like your father.", he remarked. Heracles glared back at him.

"And you're so bitter, just like you were in your school days.", she fired back, a smirk on her face. Snape looked at her in shock.