Chapter Three

That next night, Vince comes to Dom with the idea of Brian being a cop so Vince 'kidnaps' Brian bringing him into a valley as Dom and I watch from in the darkness. Brian groans and moans laying on the ground. 

"Moans like a cop," Vince snarls pointing the gun at his face as Dom and I step out of the darkness. 

"Brian this is one of those times where you need to be very clear about what you say," I tell him softly yet authoritatively, "nod if you understand me."

"NOD!" Vince yelled at him and I motion for him to shut up. 

"I don't need a co sign V," I sigh irritably. 

"Get up," Dom says, "Tell me what the hell you're doing down here?"

"What I'm doing?" Brian says and Vince nudges him with the gun and I give him a slight glare telling him too cut it, "Dom, I owe you a 10 second car and what this is about, this is about race wars, I just went in there and Hector is gonna be running three honda civics with spoon engines  and on top of that he came into Harry's and ordered three T66 turbos with nos and a mo-tech system exhaust."

"So what are you saying?" Dom asks crossing his arms over his chest, "Your gonna go around and check everybody's shit out? one garage after another?"

"Yea because Dom, you know, I can't lose again." Brian replies trying to catch his breath. 

"He's a cop," Vince says before raising his voice, "He's a cop!"

"You a cop?" Dom asks Brian and he immediately shake his head no. "Let's go for a little ride."

Brian stands there for a minute and Vince starts yelling at him so I rip the gun from his hands. 

"Calm the fuck down would you?" I yell slightly irritated, "You're giving me a damn headache." 

I walk around them both towards Dom and he wraps an arm around me as we walk to the cars. 
***

Jesse drives us to the shop Brian was just at and I sigh when I see the fence and look at my shoes as I mumble curse words taking off my jacket I throw it over the fence jumping up and grabbing onto the top of the fence pulling myself up swinging my legs over jumping onto the ground balancing myself before standing wiping my hands grabbing my jacket putting it back on walking to the ladder climbing it with Dom right behind me and the boys following closely. 

I walk on the roof waiting for Dom to open the thing, I take my wedges off and hand them to Dom who raises his eyebrows at me, "I am not breaking my ankles so give me the flashlight and when I get down there toss me my shoes."

After the boys hop down I jump down landing on the car before jumping onto the floor and I shine the light up at him and he tosses me my shoes and I slip them back on as he jumps down. I hand him the flashlight and we all start looking around. 

All of a sudden Jesse calls Dom letting him know that we got company and they comin' fast so I run to Dom and he pulls me down in front of him and calls out for Brian and he comes to us and I grip his shirt pulling him in front of me grabbing my handgun from my hip seeing if it was fully loaded before holding it down but tightly so it is ready. 

We hear Johnny talking to this Ted guy and I sit next to Dom leaning my head on his shoulder sighing listening but not really paying attention until we had to leave.
***

When we get back we all have a sit down and they start asking about the two years I was away. And I answered them as best as I could.

"What was it like?" Dom asked me and I thought about it for a little bit before answering.