Chapter 10

With the contract recognized and agreed upon by both parties, Marisa turned to Elfijyah, requesting her blessing and authorization. Elfijyah, noticing the desperation in Undyne's eyes and not wanting to risk diminishing Marisa's opinion of her, relented. 

"I, Elfijyah, the great forest spirit, hereby announce that the contract between Undyne and Roxy Migurdia is now in effect," she declared solemnly. The power of her words resonated through the parchment, imprinting deeply within Undyne and Roxy.

Feeling exhausted, Marisa decided to take a nap, indifferent to everything else. Elfijyah could continue from here; Marisa was too drained to care further at the moment.

Roxy was taken aback as a sudden glow enveloped her, revealing a tiny girl with wings hovering in front of her. This petite figure had sharp ears, vibrant green hair, and captivating yellow eyes. Her dress bore hues of green and light green, adorned with intricate designs reminiscent of various plants.

"Roxy! Can you see me now? Can you hear me?!" a melodious voice echoed beside her. Roxy's gaze shifted to another miniature girl, this one with ears resembling fins, wavy blue hair mirroring the ocean's waves, and deep blue eyes. Her attire mirrored the sea's colors, featuring blues and light blues with motifs of underwater plants and creatures.

"Undyne?" Roxy questioned, a hint of uncertainty in her voice as she tried to ascertain if the tiny girl beside her shared the name or if it was the figure in front of her. Undyne's eyes widened with a starry sparkle upon hearing her name mentioned.

"Yes, it is I, Undyne, the great spirit of the seas!" Undyne proclaimed proudly, striking a pose that exuded confidence. "I thank you for freeing me from my accursed prison. As a token of my gratitude, allow me to personally accompany you on your journey to greater heights. I wish to witness your development as a person in the coming years," she added, her eyes still gleaming with anticipation. 

Undyne sensed a special fate surrounding Roxy, believing that together they could achieve extraordinary things beyond the ordinary, and she eagerly desired to witness Roxy's growth and walk alongside her on this journey.

"Um, hearing that I could become great in the future is quite flattering, honestly," Roxy admitted, glancing at Undyne, who nodded fervently, clearly believing in Roxy's potential for greatness. "Marisa, wake up!" Elfijyah's voice abruptly cut through the moment, drawing their attention to Marisa, who was fast asleep despite Elfijyah's attempts to rouse her.

"Oh, Elfijyah, you're not exactly a stellar contractor, letting your contracted sleep on the rooftop like this," Undyne remarked with a hint of disdain, causing Elfijyah's expression to twitch in irritation. "It can't be helped! Instead of exchanging the cores for money, she prefers to eat them, so yeah, we're penniless!" Elfijyah retorted with a huff, explaining their current financial predicament.

"What?" Undyne and Roxy both expressed their confusion as Elfijyah dropped a bombshell on them. "Never mind Marisa's quirks; she's the best person to be an apostle to me," Undyne stated, surprising both Roxy and Undyne with this revelation.

"An apostle?!" Undyne exclaimed, just learning of this now. "It couldn't be helped. Aside from me, you two weren't present, and to save the spirit race, I had to find an apostle. That's why I chose Marisa... She was the only person who could hear me. But now, it seems Marisa and Roxy can both hear and see us, which is a relief for Marisa," Elfijyah explained, making sense of the situation for Undyne and Roxy.

"In that case, I'll give her my blessing when she wakes up," Undyne said with a smile, grateful that thanks to Marisa, Roxy could now communicate with and see the spirits.

"Just don't," Elfijyah interjected, causing Undyne to feel irritated by Elfijyah's attitude. "Elf, you—" Undyne began, intending to address Elfijyah's behavior, but Elfijyah cut her off.

"Marisa despises such things. Her principle is to work hard and achieve everything through sweat and tears. Being given powers makes her uncomfortable. I've witnessed everything without my blessing, and she has become this strong because of her efforts. So, please, don't give her any blessings," Elfijyah stated with a serious tone, silencing Undyne with her unexpected words. Undyne was taken aback, finding it hard to believe that Elfijyah was speaking these words.

"You've changed," Undyne remarked with a smile. "Though it's not a bad change," she added, chuckling lightly.

"Perhaps," Elfijyah responded, observing Roxy raise her hands. "Um... the air feels a bit chilly, so I suggest that we share a room, considering that we're technically companions now," Roxy proposed, prompting a nod of agreement from Undyne.

"Sure, I'll make sure Marisa can pay you back," Elfijyah added, knowing that Marisa's abilities made earning money relatively easy. "It's the least I can do since Marisa has helped both me and Undyne so much," Roxy chimed in, reassured by the confirmation that she wasn't hallucinating and that everything they were experiencing was indeed real.

"I insist," Elfijyah persisted, leaving Roxy with no choice but to nod in agreement. "Oi, Elf! Stop teasing my adorable Roxy, or I'll toss you into the depths," Undyne playfully threatened, causing Elfijyah to sigh in response.

"We'll find a way to repay you, Roxy," Elfijyah assured, bringing a smile to Roxy's face. "Sure, let's focus on finding a place to stay first," Roxy suggested as she lifted Marisa onto her back, with Elfijyah and Undyne offering their assistance. Together, they safely landed on the ground, Marisa resting comfortably on Roxy's back as they set out to find an inn to rest.

--------------

Marisa stirred from her slumber, feeling the softness of the bed beneath her. As her eyes adjusted to the room, she realized she was no longer on the rooftop but inside a cozy chamber. Her mind snapped fully awake, and she turned to the side, spotting the sleeping figure of the girl who had interrupted her sleep last night—Roxy, was it?

The morning light filtered through the window, casting a gentle glow that transformed Roxy's blue hair into a mesmerizing shade of green. Marisa's thoughts were interrupted as Roxy's blue eyes fluttered open, fixing on her.

"Well, it's a shame I couldn't admire such a beautiful face for longer, isn't it?" Marisa quipped, recalling a passage from a book she had read. According to paragraph 7 on page 84 of Illianaro's peculiar book, when caught admiring someone's looks upon waking them up, one should remain stoic and offer a compliment to avoid being labeled as a pervert. However, Marisa couldn't help but think that regardless of the approach, such actions might still be seen as questionable.

----------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N]

"Feeling like a tired old soul lately, I've been chugging energy drinks like they're going out of style! My sleep schedule? Let's just say it's gone from bad to worse!