Part 25

Part 25

Sai's pov

Today is Ninad baba's birthday and everyone right from the morning tea is pouring on wishes and gifts upon him. Though elders don't give much importance to all this gifts and celebrations and Ninad baba was no different but the smile that grace his face every time when someone wishes him of gifts him could not be missed....after all, these are times when you realize how important are you for the family.

I watched in awe as Virat gifted his baba a really cool watch. Virat was telling me yesterday night all the stories about his baba, whats his likes and dislikes. Virat and aai had been already talking since a week about giving him something special for his birthday and yesterday Bhawani kaku had declared that there will be a birthday celebration also which made Virat and aai all the more excited. 

I was not excited as such because I had my reservations regarding Ninad baba. The way he behaved with me in the initial few months still hurt me somewhere but ever since I have started loving Virat, I have been trying my best to accept people who are dear to him and in this process I have tried to forgive and forget my bitterness towards Ninad baba.

I watched them together happily smiling at each other. The kind of admiration Virat had for his baba was something every father might have desired from his son. I remembered my aaba by looking at them. Before I could have controlled few tear drops fell from my eyes in my aaba's memory.

I came out of my thoughts when I saw aai had gifted Ninad baba a smart phone. He looked quite happy to have that. Unlike how he showered his affection on Virat when he gave his gift, baba had only given polite but genuine smile to aai. I always wondered why baba failed to see the golden heart of aai and why there always seems something amiss in their relationship. On more than one occasion during the shouting matches of living room, I have come to know a few things about aai-baba's relation and why it is the way it is but still, I never understood what stopped baba from loving aai in spite of everything.

And to give answer to my question, as if on a cue, Bhawani kaku made her grand entry and made a face at looking Virat and aai's gift to baba while she presented her own gift which was a very expensive and heavy gold chain.

"Ye hua na gift Ninad ke sammaan ke barabar." She declared arrogantly how her gift was best, just because it was expensive, than other family members' gift.

"This lady, I tell you, at this rate probably she is going to die alone as all will leave her one by one getting annoyed by her arrogance." My inner voice commented and I couldn't agree more.

As one by one every family member presented their gifts, finally kaku looked at me and taunted, "Tum Ninad ko kya gift de rahi ho Sai? Oh, main toh bhul hi gayi thi, sabki khushi mein shamil hona tumhe aata hi kaha hai? Aur waise bhi tum to khud Virat par bojh ho tumhare pass kaha paise honge koi gift lene ke liye."

Virat's pov

Bhawani kaku did it again! I respect her, she is elder and all that but sometimes...actually most of the times, she behaves worst than immature kids. Wish her talking prowess could have matched her graceful looks but no, she had venomous snake in place of tongue. Yesterday only she was warning Sai to not create any scene today and she was herself laying the foundation for it.

I tried to open my mouth to defend Sai in front of everyone when Sai surprised all of us.

"Sorry kaku, aapka meri insult karne ka armaan aaj adhura hi reh jayega because I have also got a gift for baba and that too with my own money."