06 Mistletoe

Understandable that Wang Yibo was able to fall asleep late, only when the daylight was already seeping through the curtains.

Yibo's breath hitched when he felt a light kiss on the cheek, but maybe it was still a dream, maybe it was just the happy ending of the beautiful dream that his mind produced right away he fell asleep: it was that he confessed the truth to Xiao Zhan and to the whole family , and they not only understood him but even forgave him and invited him to be part of their family.
Thus he plucked up the courage and also confessed to Xiao Zhan that he is his first and only love. And in response he tousled his hair like he did a long time ago on the bridge, whispering in his ear "I love you, too, my gouzaizai!" ...And kissed him on the cheek.

When Yibo had finally open his eyes, his sight was welcomed by a bubbly and sunny Xiao Zhan, who could light up any room he was in:
"Rise and shine, Wang Yibo, you are expected for breakfast. By everyone, but especially by the criminal LingLing who was caught in the act, when trying to steal one of NaiNai's freshly baked youtiao (A/n: deep-fried dough sticks in Chinese) before washing his hands, ha, ha!
Good morning, Meifu (A/n: husband of the younger sister in Chinese)!" 

"I apologize for oversleeping, I very rarely do, but now I just...
Good morning, Xiao Zhan Ge, but you shouldn't call me Meifu, I am not, we are not...", Yibo replied, hurrying to jump off the bed.

"You are not yet, but soon you will be...
Easy, easy, take it easy, no hurry.
And you don't need to apologize, did you forget that you were sick last night?
At least the fever seems to be gone, thank god!", Xiao Zhan said while plastering his palm on Yibo's forehead.

Yibo hurried to the bathroom, or else Xiao Zhan would think again that he was sick, given to his ears that caught on fire again.

"He doesn't like me, he doesn't want me in his family, he must hate me! Maybe the whole family hates me, just that they are too nice and kind people to show it to me.
Or else why did he sound kind of upset when saying 'You are not yet, but soon you will be'?"
, Yibo mused while splashing a large amount of cold water on his hot face.

But do people who hate someone act like the Jin family members acted towards him, gravitating all of them around Yibo, overwhelming him with their attention, care and lots of advice for treating his so-called cold?

During breakfast, Xiao Zhan suggested that Yibo should call the office to announce that he caught a cold and would be taking the day off.
But Yibo rejected the idea because his colleague would be called to replace him, Jiao Jie who has plans with her family.
"I don't want to ruin Jiao Jie's holidays. I know that only tomorrow is Christmas, but today she's surely busy with the preparations.
Besides, you checked me out! I don't even have a fever anymore!", Yibo smiled.