He snuck his way through the corridors, having learned their rotations and where the knights and their posts were.

He made it out into the city, taking in the scenery. People were playing games, fires were raging in their pits, drinking, and men enjoying themselves with women and other men alike.

He made it to Cobbler's Square, outside of the tavern they had decided on. He stood up against the wall

One girl approached him, taking in his clean shaven face to and styled curls.

"I can tell when a man is of noble blood with a beautiful and fresh face like yours," She says with a slight accent as she runs her hand across his cheeks. He leans away, grabbing her hand.

"You flatter me, my lady," Mace says as he puts her hand down.

"I am no lady..." She runs her hands through his silky cloak. "But you are a lord. Have I got it right?"

Mace laughs, "I'm afraid you already know the answer to that question. Have I got it right?"

"The girl's lips curl into a mischievous smile as she leans closer to Mason, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Perhaps," she murmurs, her breath warm against his skin. "But you're not here to talk about titles, are you?"

Mason looks at her, unsure of what she is trying to achieve here.  "No," he says firmly. "I'm here for something else entirely."

"So, why do you stand here alone, lord?" She says as she puts a hand on his arm and he shifts uncomfortably with her touch.

"I am waiting," Mace answers.

"What do you wait for?" She asks, leaning in closer. Mace looks at her amused. So many questions—He hated to call her a whore but he wondered why a whore would ever ask so many questions.

"I am waiting for the girl I am in love with," Mason states, "We made plans to drink wine and laugh like we never have before."

"I have never met a man like yourself. A man who wants the woman and not her services," She tells him as Mace shakes his head.

"I would never ask that of her," Mace says, "There have been many times in which we have come close to it but I could never do that to her."

"Does she not want to share a bed with you?"

"It's not—" He lowers his voice when a large group of people walks by, "It's not that at all," Mace replied, "It is rather complicated."

"Then drink your frustrations away, my lord," She says as she gestures to the tavern beside them. Mace shakes his head, and pulling the cloak further over his head.

"I am still waiting—"

"No one said you had to leave," She argued, "The tavern is right here."

Why not?

Rhaenyra is delighted by the fun and excitement around her in the city. She smiles as she sees the crowds drinking without a care in the world.

She bumps into someone and the man pushes her off, "Fuck off, boy!"

The Princess laughs at this. She was truly unrecognizable if some man was able to push around the Princess. "He called me a boy," She told her uncle who followed her around.