You press your lips together and nod. As Kai's working on your sketch, you stroll around his workspace, looking at the illustrations hung up. There's traditional and fine line art, and you recognize a drawing of a snake—it looks like the one Jungkook has on his arm.

"See anything else you like?"

"I, um, recognize some of your work. You've tattooed my friend, Jungkook," you note, turning back to look through more of Kai's sketches.

Somehow, your nerves have finally calmed down. The whirring noise from the tattoo gun is like white noise to you, drowning everything out. You're lost in the intricate detailing of the drawings. Tattooing is true art, you think. But instead of a traditional canvas or paper, it's forever inked on someone's skin.

"Okay, let me know what you think of these." Kai shows you the iPad with a few flowers drawn out.

"You're so quick," you comment as you review your options. "Let's go with this one." You love how delicate and dainty the tattoo looks.

"If you need a break at any time, just let me know," Kai gives a warm smile. "I apologize for the weird positioning, but I'll need you to lay on your stomach, and your head will hang off the table."

Your lips thin when you catch his gaze. You remove your zip-up hoodie and place it on a chair with your bag. Kai prints the design on transfer paper, putting the placement on the back of your neck. He hands you a mirror, ensuring it's in the correct spot.

"Alright, let's do this," he says.

Once you're on the table, the once-soothing noise of the tattoo gun flips a switch, and sweat builds up in the palms of your hands. The blood rushes to your head as your head is hanging off the table. You can see Kai's feet as he steps on the foot pedal, ensuring his equipment works correctly.

You take a deep breath, trying to exhale fear and anxiety, but nothing works. The tattoo gun sounds closer, and the needle inches away from you. Your fists clench up, and you close your eyes, hoping it'll be over quickly.

You can feel the latex glove on your back as Kai's ready to outline the design. You can do this, you think.

With eyes still closed, fists clenched—you're ready.

The shop's bell chimes again, but you're too focused on this needle about to prick your skin. You can feel another presence. Their warmth is radiating on you. You figure it's just the girl from the front, so you don't bother to open your eyes.

Your fist unclenches, and not because of your own doing. It's whoever is beside you. Opening your eyes, you see a pair of black motorcycle denim tucked into leather stomper boots.

"Hey—my man," Kai stops and acknowledges. "Good to see you, Jungkook."

"Hey," Jungkook replies. "Sorry, I'm late."

"Nah, you're right on time. We just started. I'm sure ___ appreciates you being here," Kai notes, returning to tattooing you.

You didn't want to admit it, but having Jungkook's presence was comforting. A part of you wanted to be stubborn and pull your arm away, but considering that a needle was piercing your skin—it wasn't a good idea.

Jungkook laces his hand with yours; his thumb lightly grazes over your skin. He leans forward, whispering, "Hi."

You're unsure if the shiver running through your spine is because of the needle or Jungkook.

While lying on this tattoo table, you're at war with yourself. An angel on one shoulder tells you to stay strong and not give in because he's holding your hand. The devil, on the other hand, is telling you you're a simp and can't resist when a man is fawning over you.