Part 2

Melanie groaned

Melanie groaned. She was sitting on her bed waiting for some news about Binky. The bed was a king sized, freshly made, covered in a large assortment of cushions with the hotel's logo stitched in gold thread. If it were any other day, she would be fast asleep, but thanks to the devastating news about her brothers whereabouts. She was now sitting straight up her eyes glued to the screen.

"Melanie, please attempt to get some rest." ... Friday laughed.

"It's not something I expected to say to you, but I am truly concerned about your well-being. You have been anticipating some information, but there has been no update so far. Staying up until midnight is not beneficial for you, and it could harm your immune system and worsen our situation. "Come on" she said walking over to Melanie, taking her laptop of her. She pulled the covers over her, and in less than 30 seconds Melanie was fast asleep.

Friday didn't know what to do. She was tired, sore, and sweaty. She weighed up her options and decided that a shower was her best choice because her suitcase had been delivered and the clothes, she was wearing were highly uncomfortable, also she and Melanie had bought some product to remove the blonde dye out of her hair. She had a quick shower and then continued to dry her hair, it wasn't the exact color it used to be, but it was familiar, that was what counted to her she looked in the mirror and saw her nose ring, she didn't care what Melanie said it was not a good look. She continued to take that out without hesitation. Once she had put on her pj's and her cardigan she was ready to go to bed, but something didn't feel right.

Just then there was a knock at the door she opened it and standing in front of was Ian flashing her a smile.

"hello" he said walking in to the room "how's Melanie holding up" he asked siting down on one of the hotel chairs

"Not as good as it could be," said Friday.

"She made an effort to stay awake for any additional information, but it was evident that it was causing her discomfort." she said slipping into the chair as well.

"If we don't act quickly, she'll probably go INSANE.". she frowned thinking of what they could do.

"I mean we could go to Norway and try help find Binky and Ingrid." she suggested.

"No!" said Ian shaking his head.

"I'm still recovering from my last head injury" Ian shuddered at the memory of getting beat up on a train, it wasn't even his fault, if that stupid girl had of gone a different car or even better had enough manners to not stare at him he would have been able to help Friday instead it had caused her more trouble. Friday rested her head on his shoulder.

"I promise you won't get another head injury" she said. Ian sighed, he knew Friday couldn't do much to prevent that, but he could not let Friday go to Norway herself, for she is way more likely to get a head injury herself.

"Ok fine" Ian replied "I guess were going to Norway, but I don't know how we'll be able to help" Friday sat up and asked.

"Ian are you certain that you have a vivid recollection of me, you of all people should know that I would be the biggest help to the RPO?" she said frowning.

"Yes, as matter of fact I do I also remember your ugly cardigan and your pork pie hat everyone wants to burn." Ian snorted. Friday punched him in the shoulder and started to laugh she looked up at him, his hair was starting to grow back into its natural shade of yellow. Friday noted that blond suited Ian way better then brown. She sat up and kissed him on the cheek.

"I missed you" she said.

They talked for a while and soon Ian went back to his own bedroom and before Friday new, she was fast asleep.

"Good morning sleepy head" Ian groaned.

"you're in a pleasant mode today" he said sarcastically getting off the floor and putting on his jumper.

"Why did you fall asleep on the floor" Friday asked.

"You weren't even in your pajamas you just left your close on from the night before."

"I was looking at the chandelier" he replied. Friday was still confused but she asked no more and walked into Melanie's room to wake her up.

She stopped in her tracks a wave of fear washing over her head she wanted to sink into the ground Melanie was nowhere to be seen.