Chapter 2

Brave New World

"Keep this with you at all times

"Keep this with you at all times. It's the same as the bracelet I gave you." Allison explained. "So it protects me against compulsion," Jeremy said as he smelled the vervain. "Vervain is toxic to vampires," Allison told him. "You mean like poison?" Jeremy asked. "Yeah, it's very poisonous. It'll keep them out of your head." Allison said. "But why vervain?" Jeremy asked. "I don't know. Certain natural herbs and roots and other elements are just as harmful to vampires. And it wouldn't hurt to keep a stake on you." Allison explained.

"Has to be through the heart right?" Jeremy asked. "Yup and make sure it's wood," Allison told him. "So you're trusting me by telling me the different ways to kill your family," Jeremy said.

"Pretty much, just as long as it protects you. I can't believe Damon snapped your neck. I'm gonna kill him for that." Allison said getting angry. "Hey, I'm okay," Jeremy told her. "I know but I'm still going to hurt him. What if you didn't have the ring on? You would've been dead." Allison told him. "But I'm not so come on. Let's go have some fun." Jeremy told her grabbing her hand and dragging her outside. "I'm the one who's supposed to be distracting you!" Allison told him.

"Hey, Elena the ring toss is put of Bart and Homer dolls and team Jacob T's," Allison said as she approached Elena and Bonnie. "Okay, I can grab some from the science club. Also, we lost a speaker in the karaoke booth." Elena said. "Hey, it's all good, Elena. Take a beat. Look around. This is a huge success." Bonnie told her. "You mean, I can do more than just freak vampire havoc?" Elena asked teasingly. "Go figure," Allison said causing the girls to laugh.

"Hey uh, Carter right? You're with the carnival." Elena asked as she saw a guy fixing the lights of the ticket booth. "That'd be me," Carter answered. "Okay. Great." Elena said. Allison watched as Bonnie stared at him. "Wow. What do you need beautiful?" Carter asked Bonnie. Bonnie giggled and then answered. "What do you know about karaoke speakers?" Bonnie asked him and Allison and Elena gave each other a look. "Heh. Why don't you show me the problem?" Carter said as he looked her up and down. "Yeah, Bonnie. Show him the problem." Allison and Elena teased. "Okay come on," Bonnie said walking with Carter behind her.

"Jeremy so good to see you alive." Allison heard Damon say as she and Jeremy were getting popcorn. "Aren't you a little old for a high school carnival?" Jeremy asked him. "About 150 years too old," Damon said as he took the popcorn from Allison. "Oh, you're pretty funny cracking jokes when I could I don't know blow the lid off this thing by telling someone what you really are." Jeremy threatened. Damon put the popcorn down and grabbed Jeremy by his neck. "Damon let him go," Allison told him.

"So please tell me that is not a threat," Damon said ignoring Allison. "Maybe it is," Jeremy said as he held up his hand with the ring. "Oh. This is what we're not gonna do. We're not gonna walk around like we're invincible when it's this easy for me to end you." Damon said as he put Jeremy in a headlock.