𝟢𝟢𝟣,𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

"So at the top right here, I have Makayla because she is dedicated and because of her stellar record last year. Makayla, are you ready to be front and centre? Can you handle that pressure?" Miss Abby asks her and she nods, smiling slightly.

"Good. Our first competition is going to be in Phoenix, Arizona. Ladies I chose Phoenix, Arizona because I want to experience some of the best competition teams in the country."

"We are going to do two new numbers, a high energy really cute adorable routine with Makayla, Maddie, Chloe, Brooke, Paige and Nia. And then also a trio with Maddie, Chloe and Paige. And then a sassy jazz routine for Makayla." Miss Abby explains. Makayla starts to feels real bad for Kenzie, she's not in anything.

"Unfortunately Mackenzie, you're too young to compete at WestCoast Dance explosion but you're still going to go with us anyway. Girls we are going to win in Phoenix and the next competition we're going to win and the next competition and that's all gearing up for nationals." Miss Abby said, making motions with her hands.

"So let's get to it. We are going to begin the choreography. The moms can be dismissed and girls, let's go to nationals and bring home the winning trophy. All right?" Miss Abby says before, moving the black board away and the girls all get up into positions for the group dance.

"Here's what we're gonna do. I want each of you to do either a chin stand or like a side shoulder stand and we're gonna hold it for eight counts. Do it from the top." Miss Abby says as they all get into their positions.

"Ready and.. places" The girls all ho into their holds. "Go" Miss Abby says and they all get down. The routine is called party, party, party and Makayla really loves it. It's so happy and fun. They all practice the dance and Miss Abby tells them what to do.

꧁ ᯾ ❤︎︎ ᯾ ꧂

It's now four days until the competition. The girls have been rehearsing the group non-stop recently. Unfortunately, today, Maddie is feeling sick, she almost looks green and nearly threw up this morning before dance.

All the girls are doing the routine, Miss Abby is being them, calling out the moves as they do them. Maddie goes and does her switch leap and twirl. They then all go hip circles, holding onto each other's shoulders in a line.

They all do pirouettes and some other moves and stuff from the dance. The girls do other choreography while Makayla does her solo part in the dance as she's the lead. Maddie starts to look even worse. The music stops.

"Maddie, I know you're not feeling well but suck it up. We gotta get through this, okay?" Miss Abby says. Maddie doesn't replay and starts to cry slightly. Makayla gives her a side hug, trying to comfort her.

"From the top." Miss Abby tells all the girls and that's what they do, they go from the top. They all have their own entry times and poses while they wait. Maddie does her entry.

"Sweety, why, why the tears?" Miss Abby asks Maddie and all the girls look at her while Maddie plays with her fingers.

"Because my stomachs started to hurt." Maddie says. Abby nods but points to Maddie headshot.

"See that picture?" Abby asks and Maddie nods. "That's the position you need to be in. Don't get too emotional, you have to worry about the win, got it? No mishaps." Abby says while Maddie nods, chewing on her bottom lip. Maddie goes back to the side of the room and Miss Abby counts her in, she does her entrance.