# chapter nine

⎯⎯✰

⎯⎯✰

   Anger boiled deep down within you- his annoying smirk, his presence in the same room as you whilst you were sharing a soothing moment with the man you think you had lost.

You pulled back from Satoru as your hand settled in his without you noticing. "Why is he here?" You asked annoyance peeking up in your tone.

Satoru slightly sighed, squeezing your hand lightly, his face displaying solely distrust and contempt in the man behind him. "I called your maid..." He paused.

"Again?" You furrowed your brows as he looked at you in embarrassment.

"Listen to me... I wanted to let your dad know that you were injured but he apparently was too busy with work..."

He bit down a tut as his expression hardened, "So he sent this guy, surprise... he was that bastard from last time." His low tone clearly sharp with an edge.

"Y'know, I have ears." Toji quipped still uninterested, his demeanor similar to a solid rock in a storm.

He was scrolling through his phone as if he didn't care about his surroundings.

Satoru simply ignored his remark as your hand fisted into his. "You didn't tell me about this..."​ He said with a soft tone.

What good will it do to let him know? Nothing. It was something you didn't want him to know about and your past. You were so ashamed of yourself, it was a sinking feeling that consumed you ever since Toji came back in your life.

Your eyes drifted down, avoiding his icy gaze, and you locked your eyes onto his after a moment, "I was scared." You eyed him up as you took notice of a bandage near his shoulder that was running down to his sides. He also had some band-aids on his face hiding small gashes.

He frowned upon your words, not quite understanding what you meant by those words. "I was scared that you might have died...I'm sorry I was not able to protect you as I should have..." You​ ignored his words.

Toji's​ ears perked up at your words, his interest rising by a notch. He didn't show it though, he was still scrolling on his phone but his attention was all on you now.

"Come on, Miss detective, you know how resilient am I," His sly smirk and usual demeanor made you smile a bit. "Plus, you need to train harder~ you took longer to wake up when you got less injuries." He teased as his hand let go off yours when he noticed. A flush washing through his face.

"Also, when I get out of here I'm kicking your butt." Souvenirs from his insubordination came to your mind, followed by his weird behavior.

"You know, when you say it like that.."​His voice dropped lower for your ears only. He winked at you and you rolled your eyes. Dead was only a weak reminder for him because he was completely fine.