𝟏𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭.

Beth's POV

Beth's POV.

One obstacle left to overcome and most definitely the biggest— Daddy. Nathan was right to tell me no but part of me hoped he wouldn't question it.

"He'll never go for it." Patricia validated what I already knew as we sat on the porch steps. "Did you think he would?"

"I hoped maybe after training he'd at least think about it. Maggie goes on runs with Glenn."

"Why'd you say Nathan?" I thought the reason was obvious. "He used to be in the military. I thought it would help put daddy's mind at ease."

"Would you mind if I spoke to Beth?" Jimmy stood behind us having just came from inside. He settled in the spot she moved from once she gave us privacy.

One elbow on each knee as he looked over to the RV where the groups campsite was. "Is there something going on with you and him?" He sounded concerned but not mad. "With who, Nathan?" He nodded.

"You've been wanting to spend time around him lately."

"He's my friend." Where was this coming from?

"I was just wondering is all." The smile he gave didn't seem to reach his eyes but I left it alone when I seen daddy and Rick off in the distance. "I'll be right back."

The worst he can say is no right? "Daddy? Can I talk to you both about something?" My voice was steady to my surprise but that quickly changed seeing their curiosity. "I'd like your blessing to go on a run to the craft store."

"Absolutely not." Daddy shut the idea down without giving me a chance. "You didn't let me finish."

He waited but didn't seem too happy already. "I asked Nathan to take me. That way someone trained will be there to watch over me."

For whatever reason I thought it would make a difference it didn't. He shut me down and dismissed my presence in order to talk with Rick alone. All he could've done was say no which he did.

Nathan's POV.

Peace didn't come often but when we all sat around the fire enjoying some food it felt pretty damn close.
"How'd you enjoy training?"

Swallowing his mouthful Carl who sat beside me then answered. "It was awesome. Thanks for helping convince mom."

"I know you'll be responsible which is why I agreed with you. You should know how to protect yourself."