𝟑𝟒 | 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭.

A group discussion would take place to discuss the current situation at hand. Before that could happen Glenn, Nate and Maggie were taking some time in order to freshen up and take turns seeking medical attention if needed.

Nate made the decision that Jamie shouldn't be present when it came time for his turn to get checked out. She promised that she wouldn't be upset with him for excluding her if in fact he did go for an exam.
He was on his way over to Hershel's cell when he ran into a distraught Maggie.

"Hey." Nate said as she tried to keep her head downward away from his line of sight. "Maggie,"
She tightly gripped onto the clothing against her chest as she walked around him.

His brows furrowed as he turned to look over his shoulder. Watching as she disappeared into her cell he turned on his heels and followed closely behind.

He reached in and knocked on the inside wall of her cell as he looked down to see her. She was sitting on the edge of the bottom bunk scrubbing a cloth against her forearm trying to remove the dried blood.

"I might not be the best looking guy anymore at the moment but I didn't think it was that bad where the sight of me makes people run in the other direction." 

She didn't say a word now being conditioned to his charismatic personality. He stepped into the cell and lowered himself on the stool across from her. "Maggie, come on. Talk to me please?"

He leaned forward resting his forearms on his legs as he rubbed the palms of his hands together waiting. After a minute or two he tried again. "You sure you're not a Grimes because your communication is spot on. Lori and I used to call it the Grimes curse."

He looked up hoping she'd at least crack a smile but was sadly disappointed. He let a sigh escape as he then leaned back against the wall. "It's alright, we've got time. I only promised my kid I'd go get an exam. The next time I find the energy to stand I'll shut the cell door for us."

Maggie finally lifted her head to look over to him. A puzzled look but progress nonetheless.

"That way when she hunts me down for disobeying a direct order, we'll be in here safe from the beating she'll want to dish out. Then I'll still have the chance to sit here and annoy the shit out of you until you speak to me again." He closed his eyes to rest while waiting to try again in a few minutes.

With this the corners of her mouth rose upward creating a small grin. "You're stubborn." She said softly. He opened his eyes. "I'd like to call it dedicated."

"That's not fair using her against me like that."

Nate leaned from the wall to place himself forward like before. "Tough shit. I know you're taken but you didn't disagree when I said I wasn't the best looking guy around anymore. My ego took a hit." She placed the cloth down in her hands as she leaned forward resting much like he was. "Now that you mention it, you got a little something right there." She pointed towards her own eye as she did a circular motion around it.

"That noticeable huh?" He asked with raised brows. "It's okay, you want to know why?"

She sat back waiting for whatever it was that he'd say to try and make her laugh. "Why is that?"

"Things happen to me that I didn't deserve but I took that temporary pain and got my permanent victory. The bruises will fade and the cuts will heal but I'm still here."