Prologue.

____________|•Logging On

____________
|•Logging On...•|
____________

.

.

.

_______|•Online!•|_______

_______
|•Online!•|
_______

All he could hear was the labored breath coming from all around him. He felt oh so tired, and he felt so much pain. He couldn't even see correctly. But he could feel the comfort of two small arms wrapped around him. It could almost make him sob.

Oh, god he wanted to cry so badly. He felt so much pain. He couldn't feel his arms anymore. His arms that were so used to protecting the innocent. His thin arms that hid so much strength were now gone. But it was numb now. He could barely even feel a thing, barely even paying attention until he felt the familiar sensation of scales slithering on his face, forcing him to refocus on the familiar sight of choppy black hair.

Oh.

So that's whose arms were holding him.

Iguro.

The one who held his heart oh so tightly.

"Hm..? Kaburamaru..." He almost winced at how dry his throat felt. But Iguro was holding him. It reminded him of how his mother used to hold him when he needed to nap. Cradling him in her safe arms. It made him feel so safe, even if he was about to die.

But he still needed to know if they won. If this whole nightmare was over.

"Iguro... Did we win?" He questioned, longing to wrap his arms around the smaller.

"Yes, we won. Muzan is dead." The smaller said, filling him with such relief.

The nightmare was over. There would be no more demons roaming around to slaughter innocent people. All of their fallen comrades would be able to rest on in peace.

But it still did not change the fact that he was terrified.

"Oh. Good..." He said, voice wobbly as he stared at the other with unfocused eyes. Oh, how he longed to look into her eyes once more. Her beautiful eyes that often caught him in a trance.