{5}

Me and the kids were on our way to the daycare the next Friday. I was praying that we wouldn't run into Niall. And to my luck, his car wasn't in the lot. I quickly dropped he kids off and headed to work.
I was inside Urban Outfitters, putting more clothes onto the shelves. It was only noon but it felt like I'd been there for days. It sucks not having a good job to support me and my kids but eventually I will get a break through.
"Hadlee! What are you doing? Your supposed to be working the cashiers!" Aria yelled at me. She's a skinny tall fake blonde who had the most nasally voice I've ever heard. I think she is around 17. I can't stand her.
"No, I'm stocking and sorting." I told her.
"Oh my god, can you stop being so rude. It's people like you that make me want to quit."
"Please do!" I told her before walking away to the back. There was more clothes to go put up so I took those and headed back out. I hated the shirts that needed to be put on hangers, they took even longer.
"Hadlee?" I heard someone ask behind me. I turned to see the one and only, Niall.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him sternly.
"It's Laney's birthday on Wednesday. She is turning six." He told me.
"Well tell her I wish her a happy birthday." I said before starting towards the back again.
"Hey, could we talk?" He asked.
"Sure? Meet me at the park across the street, my break is in ten minutes." I told him. He nodded and headed out. Once I finished hanging the shirts, I punched out for my break and headed across the street. I saw Niall sitting on a bench, playing on his phone. I walked over and sat next to him and he quickly put the phone away.
"What did-" I began but was cut off.
"I love my daughter and will for the rest of eternity. She means everything to me. Everything I do is strictly for her. I love Laney with all of my heart. The way she was brought into the world, that was a mistake. But in no way do I regret it, because Laney is my world and I couldn't imagine not having her in my life. She's my baby girl." He told me. He sounded almost angry, but not towards me. He seemed passionate though, for his love for his daughter.
"I'm sorry I misunderstood you, I didn't even give you a chance to explain yourself. I'm really truly sorry." I told him sincerely.
"It's okay, I just needed to make sure you knew." He smiled. Then he hugged me which took me by surprise. But I hugged him back.
"Well I should get back to work." I told him. We said our goodbyes and I went back across the street to finish off my day.

It was 4:50. I would actually be getting to the daycare on time. But not for the right reason. My boss had brought me in and told me that Aria had told her things that she does not tolerate, she fired me. Now I am a single mother with no job. I went into the daycare and to the main room where Quinn had the kids playing, waiting for their parents to pick them up.
"Hadlee! What are you doing here so early?" She teased. But she wasn't expecting me to burst into tears. She came over and hugged me.
"They fired me!" I cried out.
"Oh honey, I am so sorry." She soothed me.
"Quinn, I can't afford to keep my apartment. My parents won't pay the rent since they bought it. What am I supposed to do?"
"It's okay honey, I can talk to Colton and maybe you four can stay in the guest bedroom?" She offered.
"I have a place you can stay." I heard someone say behind me. Not someone, Niall. His voice is all too familiar. I turned to face him.
"I barely know you, I really don't think-"
"Nonsense, we're family!" He smiled. I was already three months behind on rent, I've been warned a few times that they will kick me out. My parents won't let me move in with them. They want me to be mature and face my own problems as much as possible. I had to take this opportunity.
"Okay, thank you." I told him with a smile on my face.