{1}

"Mom, I am 9. I do not need stupid daycare! I can take care of myself." My oldest boy, Noah, whined. He sat slumped in the passenger seat of my Audi S3. It had been a gift from my parents. They've really helped and supported me after the accident.
"You can complain all you want, but you are going whether you like it or not. I have work and you are too young to stay home alone all day." I told him for the hundredth time this week. He grunted at my response but didn't bother to argue anymore.
"Mommy, I'm hot!" Keegan cried from the backseat. I rolled down her window and watched her in my mirror as she let the wind hit her face. I smiled to myself. My kids mean everything to me. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them.
I turned into the parking lot of Sunny Side Daycare. I'd always wanted to be a stay at home mom and spend time with my kids while they were still young, but the universe had other plans. My best friend since we were in Junior High, Quinn, opened up this Daycare just five years ago. It made me more comfortable leaving my kids with her, knowing they are in good care.
Noah didn't move a muscle, probably hoping I would just forget about him. Keegan unbuckled herself and got out of the car. She stood in the grass like I taught her to. I unbuckled Lucas, my youngest of the three, from his car seat. He was still a little sleepy, but it was 8:00 in the morning. I carried him on my hip and grabbed Keegan's hand. Noah had gotten out of the car, but stayed leaned up against the side of it.
"Noah, c'mon we are going inside." I said with as little sternness in my voice as possible. He sighed but again did not argue with me. He slowly trudged behind us into the small house that is their daycare. The bell rang as the door opened and Quinn popped her head out from the doorway.
"Yay the munchkins are here!" She said with her usual cheerful voice. I smiled back to her and handed off Lucas.
"He is pretty tired, kept me up most of the night." I sighed. She giggled and rocked him on her hip. "Well I gotta get to work at 8:30 so I should be going." I told her. I kissed Lucas' rosy cheek, then Keegan's forehead, and lastly Noah. "Be good." I warned him before waving goodbye and heading out the door.
6:00
I rushed to my car outside of the Urban Outfitters, where I work. I started the car and hurried off. I grabbed my phone and speed dialed Quinn.
"Well if it isn't mommy of the year." She answered sarcastically.
"I'm sorry, I don't control my work hours!" I told her.
"So you decide to control mine instead? Pick up is at five."
"I know. I know."
"I'm waiting here with the kids."
"I'll be right there." I told her before hanging up. I was lucky enough to catch almost every green light and was pulling into the parking lot fifteen minutes later. Quinn must've been watching for me, before I even got out of the car she was walking out with the kids.
"I'm so sorry." I told her. I grabbed Lucas and hugged him to my side.
"It's okay Hun. I know it's been hard for you, and just know I will be here for you if you ever need anything." She told me sincerely. I smiled back at her as a silent thank you. She really has always been there for me. And now that she is newly married to a great guy, Colton, and with a bun in the oven, it's my time to return many favors.
"We will see you tomorrow." I told her as we said our goodbyes. The kids got in the car and we drove home to relax for the day.