Chapter 8: In another life

'Yes. Yes I do.' I smile at him, and he smiles back. We're still holding hands. It feels safe and trusted.

Slowly he leans in closer. I stare into his gray eyes when I feel his hand on my cheek. His face is really close. I feel his hot breath on my bottom lip, it feels amazing. I close my eyes as I feel the weird feeling reappearing in my stomach.

'May I?' He whispers softly. His breath touches my lip again. 'Yes.' I whisper back matching his soft tone. A second later I feel his lips pressed against mine. It feels amazing.

—---------------------------------------------------------

'Are you cold?' He asks me. I feel his hand wrap around my waist, pulling me close to him. 'I'm fine.' I reply. With my left hand I wipe away the hairs the wind blew in my face.

We're outside. Taking a walk in his garden. It's beautiful. The garden reaches as far as the eye can see. Everything is green, the trees, the grass. Everything except the flowers. Daisy's to be exact. Everything is perfect and looked after. It's impressive.

'Your garden is beautiful.'

'So are you.' he replies with a whisper. His mouth is located beside my ear. I can feel his breath softly touching my ear. The weird feeling in my stomach reappears.

'you're just flattering me.'

'I am not. I'm simply speaking facts.' He takes a breath before he continues. 'All though I like the blush on your face.'

My hand shoot towards my cheeks. 'I am not.'

'You most definitely are.' He laughs. I repeat myself again, this time a little more unsure than the first time. 'Just accept the fact that you are.' I look at him mockingly. He looks at me too, a smirk plays on his face. 'You're cute when you're mad.' He whispers, leaning closer again. We have stopped walking, now we're standing among a path of flowers. The daisies.

'I'm not mad.' My smile reappears again. I look down at our hands, they are winded around each other. His grip is tight, protective. Like something could happen, but what could happen here? In this peaceful garden?

'Good.'

He drops my arm to my surprise. He changes his position from next to me to infront of me. I don't know why. 'Goldie.' He stars. I giggle at the nickname. A small laugh leaves his mouth too. 'Uhm my mother is organising a ball in the manor in a few weeks, and uhm..' He looks down. 'Iwaswonderingifyouwantedtogowithme?' He mumbles quick, a little too fast. Like he's nervous. 'I'm sorry I did not quite catch that.'

He clears his throat before he speaks again, this time a little slower. But still as nervous as before. 'I was wondering if you wanted.. To go with me.. To the ball I mean.' His eyes are focused on the ground, while mine is trying to scan his face, trying to read it.

'A ball?' I whisper. My fingers slide through my black hair. Draco looks up, meeting my eyes. 'Yes, dancing people, fancy clothing, disgusting drinks, you know?' I laugh. 'What?

'I find it quite enjoyable how you try to teach me about something I already know.' His face changes from nervous to more interesting. 'You have been to a ball before?' His voice is calm, but his curiosity shines through. 'Not physically.'

'What do you mean by that? Not physically?' He questions. He looks confused, I understand. It can be hard to understand me. 'I've read about them, you have a lot of books about them in your library.' He lifts his head, meeting my eyes once again. 'I see. Tracy informed me you like spending your time there while I was absent. What more did you read about?'

'History before breakfast. Then mysteries till lunch. Some Dutch books during lunch, just to challenge my mind. More muggle-history after dinner, and some fantasy before bed to top it off.' My eyes meet his again. They read his face again. He looks stunned. 'That's quite a lot. Mind me asking why?' I think for a second, trying to find the answer. 'That's a great question.'