Chapter 4 - Catastrophe in museum

Whopper ran as fast as he could, reaching the entrance of the pound. He tries to find somebody who he can tell the problem at hand, not paying attention to his surroundings he accidentally bumps into the beagle dog Cooler. He was exiting the gym carrying stacks of towels, when Whopper crashed into him causing the towels to scatter everywhere. One even landed on its head making it look like he was wearing a hat.

"Whopper, you should watch where you're going. You could have hurt someone." Cooler said angrily. Mad at the fact his previously folded towels were now everywhere. "Sorry Cooler, wait till you hear this." Whopper apologizes, realizing what he did as cooler picks up the towels wanting an answer as to why he was acting so erratic.

"Whopper, I don't have time for one of your tall tales right now." Cooler stated while picking up more towels off the ground. Whopper proceeded to tell his tale despite Cooler's wishes. "But Cooler, I followed the big guy in purple. He was nasty to the puppies he adopted from our pound. And he had a map of the museum." Whopper claimed, continuing to tell Cooler what he saw in Mc. Nasty's moving truck as he took the towel off his head, mimicking what Marvin was doing beforehand.

"And he showed a picture of the bone to these two guys." He goes on and on about his tale, much to Cooler's annoyance as Whopper folds the towel and twists it aggressively. "And they're gonna steal the bone of scone for sure." Whopper yells out, finishing his long yet unconvincing story. At first Cooler didn't want to seem mean, he was a child after all. But Cooler has lost all of his patience and dismisses his childish belief.

"Alright Whopper that's enough." He says being fed up to his ramblings as he snags the towel from his paw, and stacks it on top of another one. "It's good that you have an act of imagination. But you have to learn to control it, especially if you're going to be a future heir. Someday your story is gonna get you in a lot of trouble."

Cooler lectures him before walking away as Whopper looks at the ground while fiddling his cap in shame

"But Cooler-" Whopper pleads for him to listen but he stops and interrupts him. "It's ok Whopper but I gotta go now. You go play okay?" Cooler tells him, and then he leaves. Whopper's feelings were hurt by the fact no one believes a single thing he says. He was just trying to warn everyone of the danger, but no one listened, not even his mentor Cooler.

 "But it's not a story. Why doesn't anyone believe me?" Whopper pouts to himself in sadness. Looks like he's gonna have to work alone on this. "I'll have to take care of it myself." Whopper says as he puts on his cap, with a determined look on his face, which he then marches off to the museum in hopes of foiling Marvin and his goons' plans.

But again he was not realizing where he was watching or going and accidentally bumped into someone. Whopper fell back down onto the ground. His eyes were a little blurry until his vision became clear again when he looked up to see it was his human friend Adam who looked at him with confusion.

"Hey Whopper, what is your deal, why are you acting strange? Adam asks Whopper, confused as to why he was acting the way he was. Realizing not all hope is lost, this gave him an idea which would use the help of Adam. "Adam, I'm so glad you're here. I need your help." Whopper says in panic.