Chapter 1

The car ride was mostly quiet except for Natasha's quiet singing along to the radio, but honestly If you asked Angela anything about the drive, she wouldn't be able to respond. 

All she could think about was Tony, his smiling face the night of the party, as he handed out drinks and danced the night away.

So, when Nat parked the car Angela didn't even notice "Angie" Nat said as she lightly shook the girl. Angela quickly looked up at the girl, shrugging the girl's hand off her shoulder. "Sorry, let's get in there."

Nat grabs the girl's door before she could open the door "Are you sure you're ready? I know I pushed you to come but if you can't, I won't force you? Angela just nods and walks out the door, grabbing her bag before entering the building. 

The air conditioning hit her smack in the face as soon as she entered the building with Nat following right behind her.

Angela turns to Nat as they approach the front desk, knowing that they probably wouldn't let her in without an avenger. Nat grabs her ID card and passes it to the lady behind the desk, who scans the card and quickly lets Nat in.

Angela and Nat quickly enter the elevator, softly playing some elevator music. Angela turns to Nat "What floor?" Nat doesn't answer, just presses the button with a 70 glowing on it.

The ride feels like the longest few minutes of Angela's life, which says something as she had many talking to as a child. The elevator stops smoothly, letting both women walk out of the elevator.

The living room is full of avengers and Pepper, who smiled at Angela when she saw her, honestly it was a little intimidating even for Angela who didn't care much about what anyone thought of her.

Pepper breaks the silence by walking over Angela and grabbing her bag "Welcome home Angela, let me take you to your room" Angela smiles and starts walking towards another elevator. Angela glares at the elevator because, really another one, but she hides it just in time for Pepper to turn to her as they enter the elevator.

Lucky for Angela this ride is a lot quicker than the last, but sadly this ride is five times more tense. Pepper turns to Angela "How have you been, Angela?" Angela stares at Pepper, her dark eye bags, and messed up hair.

"I'm fine, Pep. How are you?" Pepper sighs embarrassed, after catching Angela staring "It's worse than it looks." Angela stares deep into Pepper's deep blue eyes "Pepper, you're gorgeous. I just know that this kind of thing can be tiring."

Pepper lightly smiles "We're going to be okay."