"Good think I know how to handle my juice." [Y/n] added, dropping his forehead onto the table much like Rin did just a moment before. Just as Shima burst out laughing at [Y/n]'s comment, he was cut off by Rin.

"Are you okay with talking to me in public like this?" He asked with a mouth full of food, eyeing the pink-haired boy sceptically. Even though he could remember they had made up the night before, he didn't exactly want Shima getting into trouble with his family for associating with him. Shima just stared at him for a moment in surprise before his usual smile took over again.

"Of course!" He replied cheerily without a single trace of that nervousness from the night prior. At Shima's genuine response, [Y/n] let a small content smile come over his face.

"Not bad, pinky." He praised quietly, gently elbowing his friend in the ribs with a wink. Shima sarcastically rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

"Ren-" A familiar voice began, cutting off Shima's laughter instantly as the sound of footsteps came barreling toward them.

"Oh my god-" Shima breathed out in a panic as fear suddenly completely took over his face.

"-zo!" He was cut off when Kinzo, that blonde guy from the bus who [Y/n] figured out was Shima's brother, suddenly appeared out of seemingly nowhere and kicked Shima right across the face, sending him flying across the dining hall with a yell. As Shima skidded face-first to a halt, [Y/n] and Rin shared eye contact for a few shocked seconds before slowly turning to Kinzo.

"Uh... Hi?" [Y/n] greeted, trying to make sense of what in the ever-loving hell he just witnessed at 9 am. With an angry growl, Shima suddenly pushed himself up onto his knees.

"Damn it, Kin! What the hell was that?!" He yelled, angrily pointing to his blonde brother while Rin and [Y/n] just looked between the two in bewilderment.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Kinzo asked, his smirk dripping as he looked his younger brother up and down. "That was a flying kick." He answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Man, you're dense." He mocked, rolling his eyes as another man appeared behind him who [Y/n] instant recognised as that brunette guy from yesterday with the K'rik staff that was fighting with the snake girls.

"You're calling me dense?! You jerk!" Shima yelled back while multiple veins started popping out of his forehead in frustration.

"Renzo~ Looks like you're doing alright!" The brunette cheered, flashing the pink-haired boy a closed-eyed smile.

"Except for my head." Shima complained, ribbing the back fo his head as he crawled his way back over to the group. "Anyway, Juzo, these right here are my buds, Okumura and [L/n]." Shima explained, gesturing toward [Y/n] and Rin, both of whom still seemed more than a little confused by the whole situation.

"Oh, yeah? Nice to finally meet ya! I'm Juzo!" Juzo announced, cheerfully introducing himself while Kinzo snuck around behind him and sat himself down beside Shima. "I'm Renzo's big brother." He added, sitting down beside Rin. Kinzo had already begun shovelling down his food without taking a second to breathe.

"Oh, hey." Rin greeted with a polite smile while [Y/n] blank-faced the man.

"You're that moron from yesterday." He commented, reminding Rin about Juzo's and Mamushi's little spat from the day before that almost got the injured involved. Juzo laughed awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head.

"Normally people treat their elders with a little respect." He joked, half-meaning it as a wave of embarrassment hit him upon the realisation that [Y/n] had remembered him.

"And normally I shoot people who threaten the injured, what's your point?" [Y/n] asked nonchalantly, casually popping more food into his mouth while he maintained direct eye contact with the older man. Juzo sweatdropped at [Y/n]'s borderline ambivalent attitude toward him while Rin's mind immediately flashed back to Yunokawa. He was starting to realise that [Y/n] seemed to have a habit of doing that to anyone he didn't wanna deal with.