When Storm Meets Sunshine

Start from the beginning

My eyes widened. "Call me? Why would you call me?" I asked, still surprised by his request.

He looked down and shyly touched his nape.

"I just... I need you, Mira."

He needs me...?

Is that the same with how I need him, too?

He finally stood up properly. I can see how his expression changed.

I can no longer take the awkward silence that's why I sighed heavily and patted his head.

"Okay, fine. I guess I have no choice."

His blue eyes glistened. "Really?! Then... are you also going home with me?"

I nodded. "Mhm."

"Yes!"

Why is he so happy? I'm just a girl he met in the fire exit—eating alone.

I don't even know how he got there. That day, I was eating my lunch with my mouth full when he arrived out of nowhere. The idea of how surprised he was when he saw me made me chuckle.

Well... I was surprised, too.

"What's funny?" He glanced at me.

I held back my laugh. "No, nothing."

"Come on, Mira, I know you're thinking of that day again." He memorized me so well.

He looked at me suspiciously and pouted which made me laugh more.

"Alright! I just can't figure out why you suddenly appeared at the fire exit that time!"

His smile disappeared. "Well, that was..."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

As days went by, I did what Damon wanted.

He called me every single day—especially when it's raining. He would call me with his heavy breath; like he was being chased and was having a hard time. Why do you sound like that?

I wanted to ask him why.

His voice sounds like he's begging someone to be with him. He seems lonely... just like me.

On a cold, starry night, sipping hot coffee and reading a book; the rain was getting heavier, the wind was getting stronger, and the thunder was getting louder and louder every day. At this point, I knew what will happen next. I knew that so well.

My phone will ring beside me.

He will call. Damon Carter will call me.

I was already staring at my phone and waiting for his name to pop on my screen. As I expected, my phone finally rang. I knew it. I knew it damn well.

Calling: Damon Carter

I smiled and pressed the green button. "Hey."

When I answered the phone, he was already breathing heavily, but as soon as I uttered a word, he finally calmed down.

"Hi, Mira. How's your day?"

I silently yawned and leaned on the sofa. "I should be the one asking you that. How's your day?"

"Well... Nothing much happened. I just locked myself in my room and listened to music. I also tried painting with Lizzy, my sister. Oh, wait! I'll send you the photo of my cat..."

I closed my eyes. Listening to his voice was so calming.

I loved the rain, I loved the sound of it when it was pouring nonstop outside. But surprisingly... I guess I'm loving the sound of his voice more.