The Screaming Yo-Yo

Elixir to Induce Euphoria

A N.E.W.T level potion that, as its name implies, causes its drinker to experience a high level of induced euphoria usually administered to stop uncontrollable sobbing

Although not a cure, this potion can also be a temporary solution to extreme depression and mellow out a high-risk patient with suicidal tendencies.

A word of warning: Drinker must first be supervised fifteen minutes after consuming Elixir to Induce Euphoria as some side effects of the potion may consist of excessive singing, nose-tweaking, and dizziness caused by uncontrollable spinning.

Ever since Severus Snape found his mother's copy of Advanced Potion Making when he was a child of only nine, he knew that that would be his passion. His Da never really understood when Severus would come back from the forest back in Cokeworth with a bundle of Dandelion Roots, but his Ma did. Which was why Severus was currently trying to write down the subject for his Potion N.E.W.T. Even though N.E.W.Ts were still ways away, Severus had been at this specific potion since he read it as a child. He could never understand how in a world that could make so many incredible things happen could not find a solution to counteract side effects from potions. How exactly is a potion deemed finished if it can make you stop crying by making you sing? Nonsense, Libatius Borage should have made a separate book where all the unfinished potions are listed.

Instructions are to be followed as:

In a (preferably copper) cauldron prepare the usual potion base

Add Shrivelfig until potion turns Turquoise

Stir 4 times clockwise 3 times anti-clockwise until potion turns Blue

A loud bang echoed through the still quiet dorm followed by the annoying voice of none other Evan Rosier, "Good morning my fellow muckers! Breakfast is waiting!"

"Shut up Evan, some of us actually like a quiet morning. Right, Severus?" said Slytherin just ignored Jason Selwyn's whines and continued with his potion review. There was never once a quiet morning whenever Rosier invaded their dorm. As a matter of fact, Rosier presenting as an Alpha, was supposed to stop coming into a room that housed two presenting Omegas. Head Girl Narcissa Black is sure to hear of this if Severus has anything to say about it.

Stir 3 times clockwise, allow the potion to simmer till it turns Yellow

Add Porcupine quills till the potion turns blue again (stir clockwise after every quill added)

Allow the potion to simmer, stir 4 times anti-clockwise till it turns Purple

Again, a loud noise brought Severus out of his focus, "You do this every morning Evan! Go away before I hex you for real! Tell him Nat!" Selwyn turned to "Nat" who by this time had begrudgingly rolled off his bed and is currently gathering up his toiletries. Nathaniel Wilkes was an average looking bloke with short curly-brown hair and an even average build. Perhaps the only notable feature he has are his hazel-green eyes that, depending on the lighting, shift from an emerald-sheen to a golden-hazel.

"Oh, don't say that. Without my morning calls only Snape here would be up and about. Though," Rosier's walks closer towards Severus desk table where he tried to continue to write his paper. "Add seven Sopophorous beans... Why Snape, are you trying to obliviate the whole Quidditch team or something?"