EIGHT

SITTING AT MY desk, I started to transfer the video I recorded of the appearance of the Legendary Pokémon, Rayquaza, into a USB. The feeling of excitement still surged through my blood from the encounter, and I still couldn't seem to fathom its presence. Right in front of me!

I kicked my feet and let out a squeal, spinning around in my chair as the transfer finalized with a beep. I composed myself and took the USB out of my Rotom Phone, wrote down on the piece of tape attached to it with a sharpie, and got up from my chair.

Unown floated by my side (Castform had gone to play with Quaxley) as I walked over to the other side of my lab, where the whole wall was just filled with shelves of books upon books. Most of them were research books, others were books that I had written regarding that research.

I crouched down to the floor, and took a few books out of the shelf, just enough so I could take out a metal box from behind.

Then I sat down on the floor, Unown settling down onto my lap as I placed the box onto the ground and opened the lid. Inside were many things: more USBs with labels, a gold fork, several pieces of folded paper, a plush doll with a purple scarf, and a green pouch.

Unown trilled sadly at the sight of the plush doll, hopping down with its lanky F-shaped body and giving it a nudge.

I smiled lightly and trailed my fingers along the plushes sewed line, then rubbed the ripped scarf that it wore between the pads of my fingers.

Unown cried out again to the plush as I eyed the green pouch next to it.

"I miss him too," I told it, picking up the pouch and feeling around. Underneath the fabric was a marble that slipped around under my touch. The pouch was dirty and the material was worn out and had a coarse feeling.

I put the pouch back in the box and then picked up the plush It was a soft white yarn plush with black beady eyes and four stubby limbs. It was pretty bland, but the purple scarf gave it a splash of color against its white canvas.

Memories resurged from the back of my mind, reminding me of my rather eventful youth.

I gazed down at the plush with soft eyes, my fingers squeezing down into the fluff inside of it. Kissing it on its head, I gently put the plush back into the box before I could start reacting, along with the USB. Closing the lid, I put the box back to where it originally came from.

          AS THE DAY was coming to a close, I completed my notes on the document and clicked the print button. Feeling relieved, I leaned back in my chair and stretched my back, rolling my arms over my head and reaching towards the sky with a groan.

I stood up from my chair and walked around my office, trying to relieve the stiffness in my legs after sitting for an extended period.

I then went over and leaned on my desk while waiting for all the papers to finish printing. The only sound in the room was the mechanical clanging the printer made since Unown left with Quaxley to go to Dot's room.

A knock on my door turned my attention away. It opened to show both Liko and Roy holding onto a large gift bag each.

These two were quite a pair. One holds a pendant acting as a barrier whenever she's in danger. And the other had held onto a Pokéball containing one of the very few Legendary Pokémon, in a rare form as well as to mention. And what was even more, was how that Pokéball was reacting BECAUSE of her pendant. How peculiar... I wonder what else that pendant could do...

I shook away my thoughts, "What's up, you two?" I greeted them as they let themselves in.

"We have something to give you," Liko informed, suppressing a smile on her face, making me look at her with a questioning look and a raised brow.