For a moment Heizou feels like he can’t breathe. Kaedehara clan. Heir. It can’t be. Not after months of being on the run. Not with how smart Kazuha is. He wouldn’t get himself caught. Right?

He runs after hearing that. All the way up the steps from Hanamizaka to the police station. There’s a stabbing pain in his sides when he rushes through the gates. He almost collides with Uesugi who steadies him when he stumbles and nearly falls.

“Detective Shikanoin, what has you in such a hurry?”

Heizou grabs his arm.

“Is it true? Did they catch Kaedehara Kazuha?”

Uesugi’s face brightens.

“Oh, yes they did. Earlier this morning. They arrested him in the city, can you believe that? Why would he come here if he’s wanted? Uhm, Detective Shikanoin, are you alright? You’re hurting me.”

Heizou had unconsciously tightened his grip and lets go immediately.

“I apologize. Where, Uesugi? Where did they take him?”

Uesugi looks torn.

“I’m not allowed to tell you, Detective Shikanoin. You are excluded from any information regarding Kaedehara. I’m sorry” he says guiltily.

Heizou doesn’t blame him. It’s not his fault, he’s only doing his job. He pushes past Uesugi and doesn’t listen when he calls out to him.

Heizou marches into Kujou Sara’s office and doesn’t even bother with a greeting.

“Where is he?”

She looks up from the documents she’d been studying and furrows her brows at the rude interruption.

“Shikanoin. I’m not sure I know what you’re talking about.”

“Kaedehara Kazuha, he was arrested wasn’t he?”

She narrows her avian amber eyes.

“You aren’t even supposed to have this information. Did Uesugi –”

“People are talking in the streets, General. Did you really think you could keep this from me?” 

General Kujou sighs.

“He was arrested and that is all I will say about the matter.”

Heizou balls his fists, tries to ground himself to stay calm.

“I want to see him.”

“Absolutely not.”

“Do you trust me so little?” Heizou hasn’t meant to raise his voice but it stings. After everything he’s done for her, for the Commission. 

“Your romantic involvement with the criminal in the past makes you unreliable. You are forbidden to go anywhere near the dungeons, is that understood?”

A breeze ruffles Heizou’s hair and scatters the sheets on her desk. General Kujou jumps to her feet.

“Stand down, Shikanoin!”

Heizou tries to calm himself and reigns in his powers that he had unconsciously released in his upset. The wind dies and Kujou Sara’s hand inches away from where she had already reached for her bow. She doesn’t trust him. It hurts more than he wants to admit. 

“Don’t try to seek out Kaedehara in any way. This is an order.”

“What will happen to him?”

She shakes her head.

“I’m not telling you.”

Heizou leaves. He doesn’t resort to begging. He wants to. Desperately. But he will find a way somehow. He just wants to speak to Kazuha. See him. It’s been so long. And whatever they’re planning for Kazuha it can’t be good. He stole a vision. They’re going to take his, if they haven’t already.