Niwa stared at them for a moment, then looks around the area, "With no food, no water? What of your belongings?"

Y/N opened their mouth to speak, but Niwa shook his head, "Never mind that, come with me."

The puppet and the reincarnated Adepti looked at each other, then shrugged. If they couldn't change fate, Y/N would just go along the ride and pray to Nahida that they wouldn't be causing more trauma to the already traumatised puppet.

Following Niwa on the sandy trail towards what Y/N knew to be Mikage Furnace, where they'd meet Nagamasa and the rest of the crew.

It took around half an hour, minutes that which Niwa took for granted and asked questions upon questions upon questions that Y/N could only respond with short responses, whilst Wanderer looked between them, curious at the way they interacted and asked his own questions to Niwa, who responded with as much enthusiasm.

Y/N didn't know what to expect from the crew. There wasn't much information about what the crew was like. Apart from Niwa, Nagamasa was the only one with a certain amount of depth, and even that was minute.

They couldn't even remember the crew's names, though, the names were hidden within a multitude of artifacts and domains, as well as the Tatarasuna world quest, if they remembered correctly. (Y/N shouldn't probably rely on memory much now; they'd long since accepted the fog-like state that came with trying to remember bits of the storyline.)

Even with the slight anxiety over not having much control and remembrance over the situation, Y/N walked with their head held high. Fake it till you make it. That's the saying, right?

Not long after, the three had made it to edge of Mikage Furnace, where a singular second story wooden house stood. From where they could see, they saw the middle rock - exactly where the Furnace would become the purple, radioactive poison that Y/N was used to - where a bunch of houses were located, and where the forge was located.

They were immediately greeted by a man, no older than the mid-twenties or so, who was standing with his back against the giant rock, next to a small fire. Y/N couldn't help but just think he looked like a normal Inazuman NPC; short black hair, generic NPC face, with green eyes. A lean build, dressed in a blacksmiths shirt and pants.

Niwa immediately brightened upon seeing the new guy, "Kinjiro!"

The man—Kinjiro—raised an eyebrow at Niwa and lifted himself off the rock to walk closer, though his lips twitched upwards slightly, betraying his indifferent expression. "And where have you been? Nagamasa's been waiting for you. He wants to talk to you about the new Fontainian mechanic coming tomorrow."

Niwa cursed under his breath, "I'll make my way there. Although, I'd like you to meet these two wandering eccentrics that I met today." he lowered his voice into a whisper, "I'm not sure where they've come from, but neither seem to want to cause any harm." 

Y/N snorted softly, enhanced hearing picking up the whisper but ultimately decided not to interrupt.

Kinjiro sighed, shaking his head with a small smile. "And you couldn't just leave them alone, could you Niwa?"

Said man looked absolutely bewildered at the accusation, "Of course not! Who knows how long they've been out there without food or water!"

Now that he had said it, Y/N was starting to crave some food. Wonder if they have Sakura Mochi in this time period... I've always wondered what it tasted like in game.

"Come on then," Kinjiro turned to the two newcomers after a minute, "I'll introduce you to the others whilst Niwa meets with Nagamasa."

The h/c haired and the puppet turned to look at each other, after a moment, they turned to look back to Kinjiro and nodded in sync. Kinjiro raised both his eyebrows at the notion, but jerked his head to the side, motioning for them to follow the wooden path, that was... quite small but very easy to fall off of if clumsy enough.