The first festival

Start from the beginning

"Huhhhh, aaj maza nhi aa raha kisi cheez ka mujhe"

Umeed angling her head giving him a side glance replied

"Kion kia hua?"

"Aaj mere ghar ki chiria chup chup hy jab sy uthi he isi liay. Life's not lifing"

He said his fingers now playing with her hair strands.
She chuckled lightly her one hand holding the frying pan and other flipping it over by using the frying utensil.

"Aap na ye Gen Z accent rehne dein aap sy na ho pae ga *giggle*"

Farjaad listening this got offended slightly and started tickling her and she laughed. He smiled that's the sound he was missing.

"Lein g my chiria is back! All good as normal"

And he dropped a kiss on her cheek before asking

"Ab batao kia hua hy meri jaan ko"

Umeed forced a smile her face red from all the laughing. She sighed before saying

"Farjaad aaj shaed last roza ho. Matlab aaj aakhri sehri hogi. Itni jaldi time guzar jaata hy na Ramadan bhi ja raha hy. Abhi to aaya tha."

She said and hugged him after putting the omelette in the plate. He engulfed her in his big arms and caressed her hair and said

"Arey meri jaan to is mein udaas hone wali baat kia hy in fact you should be grateful to Allah k unhon ny hamein apni life mein aik or Ramadan dia and it went well so beautiful and full of blessings and love. Plus it was our first Ramadan together na. To dua Karo k agle Ramadan tak Allah hamein hamesha khush rakhe or hamein agla Ramadan bhi de. Hmm chalo ab aao sehri karein"

She nodded and he dropped a kiss on her head before picking up the breakfast and following Umeed to the dining table where they had their sehri.

The day passed and it was announced that Eid will be on the day after and that there will be 30 days of Ramadan this year Umeed was happy and she jumped in joy like a kid and Farjaad just smiled looking at his life partner. The last day of Ramadan was off in Farjaad's office so he stayed at home with Umeed and they cleaned up the house together prepping for the upcoming day.

At the afternoon they made iftari and some dishes for Eid. Umeed made Sheer khurma and Farjaad made some sandwiches, they went to the mart to get some stuff and did some grocery for Eid.

After doing the last iftari Umeed ran upstairs to the balcony to spot the new moon. After seeing a small crescent she called

"Farjaaaad, Farjaad, Farjaad jaldi aain na. Dekhein chaand nazar aa gaya"

Farjaad who just came upstairs after cleaning up the dining table said.

"Mera chaand to har roz nazar aata hy"

Hitting his arm playfully and shaking her head she said

"Oh ho Farjaad mein us chaand ki baat Kar rahi hun woh dekhein"

She was now pointing at the moon while Farjaad was looking at her he said

"Han magar mein to apne chand ki baat kar raha hun"

Umeed turned his face towards the sky after sighing.

"Udhar dekhein na, chalein ab dua maangein"

She said pulling her dupatta on her head and closing her eyes. Praying to her Allah g to keep Farjaad and her happy always and their love to keep growing. Meanwhile Farjaad looked at her and smiled before pulling his hands up for praying and he prayed for her happiness always and the sparkle in her eyes to stay the same forever.