As I entered the room I saw room was dark. I put on the light and found Samrat was sitting on recliner chair, lost in thoughts, he had whiskey glass in his hand.

"You are drinking alone...like this in dark room...is everything alright?" I inquired.

"Why do you care?" He replied sarcastically.

I was a little taken aback. After our initial arguments when he had come back, he never took that tone with me.

"I care for you Samrat. What happened? Is it something related to your posting or are you worried about Mansi mom's health?" I asked again politely.

"Why do you dislike Sai?" He asked instead of answering me.

I was shocked at the sudden question. I felt uncomfortable. For few seconds even the thought of him finding about my phone, crossed my mind. But then I discarded it as I knew he wouldn't have been sitting here if that had happened. Till now he would have told to the whole house including Virat about what grave injustice I did to his darling Sai.

"I don't like her nature. She keeps fighting with elders, I don't like that." I replied.

"Are you sure thats the only reason?" He asked again.

I just nodded at him in response. I kept looking at him if had anything more to say.

When he remained silent, I ignored him and went to check in my cupboard where was my other phone. I sighed in relief as I found it in the exact same place, same position. I checked the records, there was no call record of mom's call. I brushed off the issue thinking may be mom had some network problem and thought call was connected. But to be on safe side, Immediately took out the sim to throw it and deleted the messages. 

Samrat's pov

I looked at her, she was staring me as if trying to read my mind. I wanted to shout on her, bang the whiskey glass on the floor, shook her vigorously and ask why she is doing this with me. What I am to her? I am her play thing that she likes to play with my emotions so much. Why she lied to me about giving this marriage a chance when she is still stuck in her past?

I wanted to tell every member of the house about her lies but I didn't. I drank her bitter truth with the whiskey in my hand partly because I wanted to know how much more she can fall and partly because I still wanted her to realize her mistakes. The road she had taken had a dead end ahead. I wanted her to accept it stop ruining hers and my life. 

And for that, I had to keep my silence. She broke the sacred vows of our marriage by forgetting her duties as a wife but I will fulfill responsibilities of a husband on my part till she realizes her mistakes or she falls so low that redemption wouldn't possible for her. I will stay till the end, as I promised Sai about it.

Sai's pov

Since few days I was noticing Virat is behaving very strange. Looked like he was hiding something from me but when I asked, he outrightly denied it. He was spending much more time on his phone than usual. I also tried to look into his phone but he snatched it from me saying that its bad manners to look at one's phone without permission. I scoffed at him in reply.

But something was going on in his mind. And I will not rest till I find out. I resolved and made a plan to pull the secret out of him. I waited for him to come to our room to sleep. I had full plan ready to trap him.

I heard his voice and immediately grabbed the night clothes from cupboard and ran to change in the bathroom. I had put off room's light to maintain suspense about what I am up to. I heard him closing the bedroom door and that was my cue to step out.