Chapter 1

My name is Jade, I work for a garden center, working in the hot sun under greenhouses all day. I'm not planning on staying here forever. Just until I get my license, then I'll be moving onto bigger and better things. Like a better job.

However, never in a million years did I ever imagine meeting my crush from school many years later. It's like a dream come true.

~💥~

Today is just another day, working in the hot sun. Customers are crowding about, looking at all the beautiful green we have for sale. And the biggest attraction, flowers.

I'm running around, stocking the benches as we sell out. Trying to keep everything neat. Today is mother's day, and we're selling all the double impatiens and fuchsia.

Customers asking me questions, like what's good in the shade or in full sun. But then I had one specific customer that caught me off guard.

"Hey, excuse me. I'm looking for something nice for my mother, and I know nothing about plants.", someone said, directed towards me.

"Huh? Oh, yes- Dylan?", I start but then recognize the boy.

"Jade? Wow, I didn't even recognize you. How have you been?", he smiles.

"I've been good, you?", I ask, smiling shyly.

"I've been good. I see you don't have glasses anymore.", he points out.

"Oh, no. Don't need them anymore.", I say.

"Oh, right. Something for your mother. We have the double impatiens. They're very nice, almost resembles a rose. But they're messy. And we have the fuchsia, which is personally my favorite. Less messy. But it depends on what color your mom likes. They're both shade plants.", I explain.

"Hmm, probably the fuchsia. She's not a fan of messy. She likes pink, so maybe the pink and white. What do you think?", he thinks.

"I think the pink and white is very beautiful. I think she'll love it.", I smile.

"Great, thanks.", he smiles, grabbing the fuchsia hanging basket I was referring to.

"You're welcome.", I nod.

"Oh, when do you go on break?", he asks, stopping me real quick.

"In a few minutes.", I say, looking at my watch.

"You mind if we could talk? If you want to that is.", he asks.

"Yeah, sure. Meet me all the way down there at the end of the parking lot.", I say pointing to the right.

"Okay.", he says, going off to pay for his mother's gift.

I run off to take my lunch break. I wonder what he wants to talk about?