6- Proud

Hannah entered the huge filming set awkwardly. Crews were hustling and bustling here and there equipped with their own work. The cameramen, sound engineer and many others that she failed to recognize their main profession.

She could see multiple innovative house miniatures and  models. Witnessing the set made her feel proud of Harris. She remembered Harris said that the reality programme he produced is based on her dream that is later also shared by him. She dreams of a world where no one should be homeless and left hungry.

Since their university years, they have a shared saving bank account to provide for the needy. Both of them forced themselves to at least save $100 each month and at the end of the year, they will hire a catering and together pack the food and hand it to the needy. Sometimes, they also use it for any charity especially covering medical fees for the ill. They commit themselves to this generous act.

Harris, with the opportunity to work as a tv programme producer is slowly working towards their dream throughout these years. Hannah witnessed all his hard work and helped what she could.

For this programme, titled " under a roof" is a competition for innovators, architects and engineers to invent a house that is low cost, environment friendly, easy to assemble, equipped with basic necessities and portable. The aim is to provide a slight comfort to the refugees, natural disaster victims and homeless people rather than in tents which provide no privacy especially to women.

Hannah is reluctant to admit that she's the person who sketches and drafts the programme's objectives and purpose. She did not want to take any credit but Harris will never leave her out. He insisted on showcasing her name under the remarks of 'thanks to'
at the end of every episode. She watched the first episode last week and is literally hiding herself out of embarrassment although she knows no one really cares. It's not like she's a celebrity.

Crew 1: Sorry, cari siapa ye?

Hannah: Oh, Harris mana ye?

Crew 1: Oh Encik Harris... Ada tu dalam studio.

Hannah: boleh ke saya masuk sekarang? Bukan tengah shooting?

Crew 1: Tak, dah habis shooting for this week. Sekarang kiteorang tengah kemas2 je nak balik.

Hannah: Oooo...

Crew 1: Jom saya bawa ke studio. Puan, isteri Encik Harris ke?

Hannah: Eh tak... Kiteorang kawan je.

Crew 1: Ops sorry panggil puan pula tadi. So cik ni kira girlfriend la kan?

Hannah smiled reluctantly.

Crew 1: Tadi dia ada pesan juga kat kiteorang kalau ada orang cari dia bawa pergi studio.  Tak sangka la orangnya elegant...

Hannah: Elegant?

Crew 1: Nak kata ustazah macam tak sesuai. Tapi nampak la character modest and elegant. Rupanya Encik Harris berkenan dengan orang macam ni walaupun perangai masuk air.

Hannah tak tau nak jawab apa bila orang puji.

Hannah: kiteorang dah lama kawan.
Dari Uni lagi.

Crew 1: Oooo patutla. Ha tu dia! Encik Harris! Girlfriend dah datang ni...

Harris turned his chair from facing the PC. Harris senyum sampai telinga at the glimpse of her.

Harris: Thank you Ecah..

Hannah: Oh Ecah nama awak. Thank you Ecah.

Crew 1 (Ecah): hehehe sama2. Enjoy your date.

Harris: Come, sit here.

He pulled a chair for her.

Hannah: Peramah Ecah tu..

Harris: Haah dia memang peramah.
So how's the set? Ni lah hasil sketch kita.

Hannah looked around again.

Hannah: Is this permanent?

Harris: No habis shooting kita buka balik semua.

Hannah: Kenapa?

Harris: Sebab programme lain pula nak guna. Ada stage design, keperluan sendiri. For our programme, yang penting tempat simpan model, miniatures semua tu. Sebab nak tunjuk the process to the audience.
Programme lain yang nyanyi2 tu maybe needs for bigger stage.

Hannah: Ooo macam tu. Banyak eh duit nak guna.

Harris: Hahahaha itula kerja paling susah aku kena buat. Cari duit, cari sponsor.

Hannah: Kerja aku doa je hehehe.

Harris: Yela kau awal2 je involve. The rest of the production kau kerja lain. But no worries, percentage kau ada.

Hannah: aku tak nak la Harris. Kau yg buat semua kerja, asal aku pula? Aku dah ada kerja sendiri.

Harris: Yela kerja kau tak minat pun.
HR executive? Manage orang? Kau suka manage kain, menjahit je. Asal tak jadi fashion designer?

Hannah: Dah dulu... Ayah tak bagi.

Harris: Haah la kau pernah cerita dulu. Sekarang ni kerja dengan aku je, tak nak lagi ke?

Hannah: Biarla aku kerja tempat sekarang dulu. Penat aku pergi interview dulu tak hilang lagi.

Harris: Siapa suruh? Aku dah offer tak nak. Takut ayah marah.

Hannah: Dah la tak yah ungkit.

Harris buat muka.

Harris: Mai tangan kanan, nak pakai kan cincin.

Hannah: Kat sini ke?

Harris: Habistu?

Hannah: malulah orang nampak.

Harris: Yelah.. kita masuk kereta.

Hannah didn't hear him, she was focusing on the house miniatures.
Harris sighed.

Harris: Ayang.. jom la.

Hannah: Ye jom...