Chapter 12

~Nyx~
Dreamworld

I've missed my little bird. I hate to admit that, even to myself. But I can't deny her dreams are what I look forward to the most. I look around, we are in a meadow of tall grass and wildflowers. I walk towards her and she is standing in front of a large painting. She is just staring at it. It looks like something I've seen before in a book or movie but it doesn't ring a bell. I step up next to her.

"What is this?" I ask.

She looks at me like she can't understand the words coming out of my mouth. Then she looks at me in pure shock.

"The Kiss..."

I just shrug and laugh. She turns back to the painting and the awe on her face is breathtaking. It makes me want to study this painting until I see what she sees, so I can feel that.

"What do you see?" she asks me, breaking the silence.

"I see two people wearing a lot of gold. He is kissing her on the cheek. Why is it called 'the kiss' if shes not kissing him? What do you see?"

"I see...love, passion. I see two people in an embrace that has either dropped her to her knees or is lifting her up. I haven't yet decided which, maybe both. I see a maculine man who is taking what he wants but there is a gentlness to it. Like he knows how delicate she is. I see a woman who is just as strong even though she is portayed on her knees. His heighth over hers is a visial show of dominins."

"But look," She points at the woman's right hand. "Her arm makes her equal with him and see how she is pulling him to her. Her face is peaceful. Some say her lake of emotion makes her look asleep and therefore this kiss inappropriate. But that's not how I see it. I see someone who is happy, relaxed, content in her lover's embrace."

I don't know about the painting but Wren is beautiful in this moment.