***

Post the dinner, Varun and Riya decided to watch a movie when Varun's phone went off. ''Hey Lakshay...'' There was a pause and then all cam was. ''When...oh...okay. Don't worry. We will take the first flight back.''

''All good!''

''They are taking Nirali to hospital. She is in labour.''

''O! She was due next moth. I will pack.'' He nodded and ordered a car for the airport. They had to be driven to the state capital. 

It was during early morning hours, and drove straight to hospital. ''Lakshay!''

''She has been in labour for past 12+ hours . I am scared.''

''I will speak to the doctor. '' Riya said walking away. Lakshay sat worried, his head in his hands. ''Where is Arun?''

''Airport, picking our parents.'' Varun nodded. After about half an hour more, the doctor walked out holding a small bundle wrapped in a light blue cloth. 

''Congratulations Mr Lakshay! Its a boy.'' The friends cheered, hugging Lakshay one after the other along with the baby. The doctor stood there grinning wide. ''Would you all  mind a picture?''

''No, but you need to be out of those scrubs. Naman said. '' Lakshay handed the baby to his mother as his parents and in-laws gushed over the new grand kid .

Riya was the first one to see Nirali. The friends hugged as Riya enquired about her her health. ''This is first and last baby.'' Nirali declared

''And its a boy. Now its our target to have a girl, so you can have a daughter in law.'' Nirali chuckled. ''I miss Amisha.''

''Same here. But today, is about our little hero. Also, everyone is waiting to see you.'' After a minute the door flung open and Nirali laughed as all barged into her room like a group of hooligans escaping the police. Varun held the baby talking to him random stuff.

Arun gave Nirali a small peck. ''Congratulations Mama! Now, pls stop scolding all of us.''

Naman agreed, ''Plus, we have a new band member. He and all seniors demand respect.'' Nirali jus rolled her eyes, she was the first female among the four boys and she had turned into a warden for them since a year.

''You guys are not getting married till I am completely on my foot.'' Nirali declared

Varun smiled, ''No, we cannot. You are Riya's family and she won't marry me without you.''  Nirali smiled wide. 

***

When they reach ed home, they found Varun's mother waiting outside the apartment. Varun hugged her. ''Ma, all okay?''

She nodded emotional before opening her arms for Riya. Varun led his mother into his house. Veena looked around and smiled, she felt a certain pride that Varun's house had a soul. It wasn't like the mansion she had spent all her life in crying her pain. A place which only held darkness. Veena had cursed her self for not acting in the past.

''What would like Ma?'' Riya asked

''Anything, I am home.'' That one sentence made Varun hug his mother tight. Riya walked away leaving them alone. Varun held on to his mother, tears streaming down his face. Veena rubbed his back sobbing in his arms. ''I am sorry Varun, I should have stopped all longer before it happened. I thought, if you leave, that monster would leave you alone. But I was wrong. I am so sorry.''

''Ma, I was never angry. I can be never angry ma. Dad said I was hopeless because I was like you, I am proud to be like you..a Human.'' Veena caressed Varun's head. Her palms caressing his strong shoulders and arms. ''My baby is a man now.'' She smiled