Chapter 2

Shaan stared at his new wife. She hadn't spoken a word since they arrived in London. He didn't blame her, the girl was barely an adult and was given no choice. He knew most of it but wanted her to speak, to let out the pain she held so deep.

Shaan didn't know but he felt the urge to help this young girl. She looked scared, broken and dead in eyes. He knew it wasn't his job and he didn't sign up for an emotional drama but he felt it as a duty. He was older to her by 7 yrs and pretty matured for his age. He had given her the time to around him but there has been no change in her and now, her silence worried him. He had seen what pent up emotions and grief could do to a human . Shaan had come to care fir Riya and he decided, if she wouldn't , he would take the first step.

''Riya, its an off day for me. Shall we go out.'' He asked, she turned and nodded with a hollow look in her eyes. Shaan nodded requesting her to get ready. He took her around to most scenic places that cloud light up any one's mood but Riya stayed aloof. Shaan had noticed how she kept overlooking the bridge, towards the ice cold water . He had caught her staring down their apartment window, as if trying to figure out what would happen if she jumped. He knew it was time to intervene.

''I know , this marriage isn't your choice.''

She scoffed. ''I don't know the meaning of that word.''

He smiled, this was the first time in a month that she had spoken to him. ''But do you know it isn't my choice either.'' His words halted her steps. ''then why?''

''You want a truth or a lie.''

''Truth.''

''You are beautiful Riya, its  hard for for a guy to reject you.'' Riya watched him blankly. She had been brutally rejected, insulted , being called a low character girl and a personification of shame and here, this guy called her beautiful. ''Are you mocking me?'' He just smiled leading her to a restaurant.

Riya kept staring at he food but she refused to touch it. Shaan could read her pain. ''Riya, tomorrow is always better than today. Whatever is bothering you now, will hurt a little less tomorrow and will gradually turn insignificant. 

''Why did you marry me?''

''You needed an escape, so did I.'' He smiled again, lifting the spoon to her mouth. Riya kept staring at the man opposite to her. He was as calm like a breeze. She had been with him for over a month but not once the man had tried to force his way into her life. All he had done was been patient and supportive.

''Shaan, I feel lost, trapped. It feels all the walls around me are closing and suffocating me. I want to end this pain.'' She whispered sobbing hard. Shaan quickly moved to her side enveloping her in a small hug. Riya pushed her fist into her mouth trying to silence her own sobs as Shaan's shoulder gave her the support she needed. 

When her sobs reduced to hiccups, she moved a little away from him. He offered her small water, ''Crying and letting out is good for emotional health.''

''I am a life without hope.''

''Hope exits till life does. Now, tell me about your best friend.'' Riya smiled her memories filling up with Nirali. ''Her name is Nirali, and she is unique just like her name.'' Her smile suddenly faded. ''But now I won't be able to see or speak to her again.''

''That was when you were at your father's place. Not here.'' She stared at him like a lost child. Shaan let out a breath. ''Let's make a pact, we will be each other's best friends even if this marriage is no more. I will tell you my reasons and you tell me yours. Deal!''

She smiled and nodded. He served a little more on her plate and made her eat. Shaan was determined to bring back he smile on Riya face, whatever it takes