Down The Rabbit Hole

Hope you enjoy reading this <33
___________________________________________

I enjoyed noticing what others didn't.

Nobody knew why, but from a very young age, 25, I looked closer, noticing the ripples as a droplet joined the puddles below my feet, or noticing the man across the street with a coffee stain on his shirt. Whilst I walked to my workplace, a doctor, I would point out branches that look like dragons, or the pretty red on someone's windowsill, her mother nodding along, walking and laughing beside her.

In the daytime, Y/Ns life was an amalgamation of routine and the unordinary. Every day, I wandered through the streets as a lone spectator, my existence quietly blending into the sea of faces, unnoticed and unmarkable, but that was how I liked it.

In the bustling heart of Tokyo, as the sun dipped below the horizon, and the twighlight sky adorned itself with a tapestry of stars, my day once again came to an end, getting a taxi home and arriving at no later than 1 am.

After paying and stepping out of the car, I sighed, walking down the dimly-lit corridor towards my apartment.

The next morning, I commuted to work and my boss gave me a letter that says 'People who are richer than others will receive the treatment first, whilst the poorer will get it after.'
I felt extreme sorrow piling up inside my stomach after telling the mother of her son who I was treating that he would not make it. I saw the lady cry filled with tears of despair. I tried to look away but I couldn't stand it. When the lady left, I saw another patient on the other side of the hallway, I heard his name was Chishiya. I saw him got given a letter as well but I didn't want to see that happen again, so I had a break from my shift and waved bye to my colleagues and I departed

Walking out onto the streets, I was surprised to find them still bustling with people. I laughed as I saw a kid round the same age as me balancing another on their shoulders, almost falling over.

I found myself immersed once again in the vibrant streets of Shibuya. The evening rush had just begun, and the district was alive with the energy of the upbeat people going on about their day

The rhythmic clatter of footsteps against the pavement provided a familiarity to the city. The sounds of heels clicking, sneakers scuffing, and the occasional bicycle bells in the air.

The neon lights that adorned the buildings and storefronts illuminated the surroundings, casting a glow over the faces of every passer-by. The lively beats of J-pop tunes blasting from unknown shops.

I then strolled through the lone streets of the city, through the route started to feel longer than usual. As I turned a corner, I noticed a narrow alleyway dimly-lit and seemingly deserted. Despite my better judgement, it had taken me longer to get to this point as I hesitated before starting to travel down the cobbled shortcut.

As I walked through the dimly lit alley, the distant sounds of the city began to fade to a muffled ambulence. The flickering street lights cast eerie shadows along the walls. I tried to shake the feeling of unease, reminding myself that it was just a shortcut and I would be out on the other side soon enough.

However, as I continued, the flickering of the streetlights overhead became more erratic, creating a strange dance of shadows that seemed to follow my every step. The once ambient sounds of the city turned into a unsettling silence, broken by only the occasionaly echo of my footsteps against the cold pavement.

I quickend my pace, hoping to reach the end of the alley as soon as possible. But as I emerged from the other side, I was greeted by an eerie sight. The bustling streets that were seeming with life just moments ago were now empty and devoid of any human presence, the buildings that stood tall only moments before covered in vegetation and vandalised. Lone cans littered the street as crumpled pieces of paper rolled through my open view.

___________________________________________
Part 2?? Btw, this is my first time writing, so pls don't judge.
~ 724 words