16. Ready for Marriage?

Start from the beginning

"Call that Malhotra here. You've got 5 minutes"

Saying so she was about to turn when a voice stopped her.

"I'm at your service, your highness."

Before Aarya could turn towards the direction of the voice, a hand swooped behind her waist, pulling her sideways, extremely close to him. The movement was so sudden that she didn't get time do or think and just went with the flow.

"And you can get back at work lady" Ajay gently asked the receptionist while still holding Aarya.

Just as Aarya realised her position, she glared at Ajay and elbowed him in his guts.

"Mmph", Ajay maintained his smile without looking at Aarya, his eyes still on the girl indicating her to leave. The receptionist seeing the chance, quietly ran back to work.

Aarya Again elbowed him, and this time he cried, rubbing his waist.

"Oi Maa" Not too loudly, but enough to show his pain.

"What the hell is wrong with you woman? Mendhak kha ke ayi ho kya?"
(Have you eaten frogs?)

Aarya looked at him with a mixture of confusion and anger and asked, "Mendhak?"
(Frogs?)

"Hann, mendhak!
Frog... Angrezi mem!!!"

"Oh I know what it means in English. Stop with the translation, Mr. Oxford. Tell me why did you say that?" She asked in anger.

"Arey itne hath pair chala rehi ho, kood rehi ho, kabhi reception pe, kabhi kisi se sar pe. Apne employes ka khoon to chusti hi thi, ab mendhak ko bhi Nehi chora tumne?"

(Lady you're moving your hands and legs a lot. Jumping here and there, either on the reception, or on someone's head. Sucking your employees blood wasn't enough for you, that  now you started eating frogs as well?)

Aarya was beyond frustrated.
Firstly, the incompetent news reporters were shamelessly plastering her and his photos from last night on every news channel. Secondly, she was being plastered all over social media with this buffoon.
Thirdly, her not-so-beloved uncle was here, arranging her marriage alliance with this very buffoon.
And to top it all off, this insufferable joker was standing here, doing nothing but irritating her to no end.

Her anger was reaching its boiling point. She glared at him with such intensity in her eyes, conveying the depths of the unethical things she wanted to do to him in that very moment.

Ajay gulped. He knew he messed up and now this atom bomb is ticking. So before it could actually explode, that too on him, he immediately straightened up and took her to the office.

"Oh Aarya. Calm down. Leave all this.  We've a bigger issue to take care of, remember."

Saying this, he took her towards the elevator. After reaching the floor, they headed straight towards the head office.

How can uncle do this? And why is he doing this? And that too, without her consent?

There were the only thoughts running in Aarya's mind. The only thing that she hates is when someone tell her what to do. She hates it when someone else has any authority over her.  And all the things that were going on right now, were just fueling her displeasure.

They were about to enter the room when they heard some yelling inside. Both Aarya and Ajay looked at each other, tension creasing their face.