Can you believe they would do things like that?

They were around 16-17 years old when Tom and Tord had the brilliant idea of figuring out how to become the cool kids. Not the type to have a big friend group or any of that sort, more like the cool loners who don't listen to what anybody says or tells them to do. They wanted to become rebels. If someone told them they weren't allowed to smoke on the school property, they would. If someone told them to turn in their work by tonight, they would make sure to turn in their half assed essays by two minutes over.

Doesn't really sound much like rebellion to me. But that's just how they were.

They were confident but careful, almost cowardly. They basically always chickened out at the last minute. The two idiots would have a whole 30 minute conversation about ranting and complain about not feeling like going to school. Plan and agree on skipping the next day just for them to meet up by the lockers before the first period, making up excuses to why they decided to jump over the plan. 'How else would they be able to meet up?' They would tell themselves.

In their minds, Tom and Tord had this thought: To prove that you're tough, you have to act like you don't care about anybody. So they would playfully throw random insults to each other, coming up with the most creative thing they could come up with. Or simply winning an argument would mean the world to them (even if it was apples being better than bananas). However, at the end of the day one would always feel guilty in the aftermath and apologize with a hug with a pat on the back and a handshake. Because real bros don't fight over things longer than a day, according to them.

Speaking of being bros, during the topic about girls they would always end the conversation with "Bros before hoes." Because no one or nothing could ever separate them and their friendship. Except that one time Tom actually almost managed to pull a chick after they had been talking for a while during their math classes. Even as much as Tord did have that voice in the back of his head screaming that he would lose Tom for it, he still supported him and cheered him on to take the first step. Unfortunately for Tom, his crush rejected which resulted in him awkwardly walking away in embarrassment. Luckily, Tord got his back.

Of course, smoking is something that a lot of teenagers at their age do. And so that drove them both to start doing the same, only for them to end up in a coughing fit every time they did. They were just happy no one was around to witness them doing so. They would get the hang of it eventually, they assure themselves. They did have a whole pack to practice with after all.

They eventually had a fall out after graduating when they turned to find their own career. They didn't keep much in contact until later when they met up by a mutual friend in their mid-twenties.