The Pearl Wing Mansion : Chapter Seven

Start from the beginning

"He doesn't care, he just wants to be with you and to protect you," Tiffany almost gets tears in her eyes as she thinks about it, "How beautiful true love can be... I am sorry you're both tortured with a lack of physical touch. Maybe Rudy can help you navigate that? He'll happily pleasure you if you request it and you have my permission to find that release with him. I know he loves me, so I'm not concerned."

"Actually... is there a way for an incubus to become a man?" I ask out of the blue, "Can we reverse what's been done to Claudius?"

Tiffany's lips part in shock, "O-oh, I don't know about that, Alix."

"Is it possible? Do you know anything?"

Tiffany hesitates.

Then she takes out her phone and she puts her finger to her lips as she motions for me to be quiet as she dials Aelia's number and puts her on speaker.

I sit back, curious what she'll speak to Aelia about.

"Tiff?" Aelia answers after a few rings, "How are you, darling?"

"Fantastic, darling," Tiffany puts on her natural charm, "I have a question for you... how does one become a man again? If he is a demon."

Aelia laughs, "There is nothing they can do but die. Men who lust for youth forever, can only starve and die to reclaim a true redemption."

"But how can they become a man?" Tiffany prods just a bit more.

"As I said. They can die. They'll be a man when they are a ghost because a dead soul is without corruption," Aelia may be sinister and cunning but she's damn well knowledgeable on this topic. This is really helpful information.

I motion to Tiffany to listen to me and she hides the phone under the table as I come closer to her ear to whisper, "Ask her how does one become a poltergeist?"

"What do you know of poltergeists?" Tiffany brings the phone back up.

"Murdered," Aelia answers sharply, "They're always murdered."

"Thank you, darling, that's all quite fascinating. I have to go now, Rudy is calling," Tiffany hangs up and looks at me with a raised brow, "Happy, Alix? You have some answers. Claudius can't be returned to a man. It's impossible."

I nod but I think she missed the point I've latched onto.

I can now see Claudius and Rudolph coming back from their game, so I stand and excuse myself to the restroom briefly.

I need this moment to think alone.

My mind is swirling with ideas.

Actually... not exactly ideas... but... one idea.

I walk through the door and I swivel to the sinks.

I look at myself in the mirror as I wonder if I would have the capacity to do something so evil.

In thinking about Dagger Spellman and finding out he was a poltergeist – with a genuine connection to the physical realm... much stronger than Claudius had as a ghost... it was also an explanation for the different energy.

Because Dagger had been murdered.

So my plan was forming.

I might be able to stay human afterall.

Only if Claudius was no longer an incubus.

But a ghost.

Just one level up from a spirit in limbo.

In another time, Fontaine had killed me – to bring me back to the past.

It was obvious to me he regretted that, that he hated himself for it, that he was trying to make it up to me now by keeping me human in this reset time-line. By giving me as many choices as possible. As much time as possible. To navigate us and our dark love.

But I might be able to fix all of that on my own.

I just had to give him a taste of his own medicine...

I wash my hands as I think about what I'd have to do.

I couldn't tell him.

But did I have it in me – to murder?

The thought makes me light-headed, and it's hard to even contemplate. It's not something I can enact without knowing for sure of the consequences.

I had to talk to Dagger again. A real poltergeist. Maybe he'd have an opinion about my idea that could push me in the correct direction. Afterall, it wasn't technically murder I was considering, it was freeing his soul. From the grips of demonic power.

I'd also have to interrogate Fontaine, see if he even wanted to be an incubus anymore. I'd have to approach that topic very, very carefully. Otherwise, he might suspect something.

I rip off some paper towel and I dry my hands, my mind racing.

Claudius had always been the one dictating our love.

The problem with our love – was the stench of the demon inside.

So, I wasn't going to kill Fontaine, really, because he was already dead.

But I may have to kill the demon inside.

If I had the guts.

Did I?

I'd have to plan it meticulously.

I figure if the demon finds out his food is thinking this way, I'll be the one in deep trouble.

But boy oh boy – I have a plan.

Now I just need to start plotting.